Study ended because he asked too many embarrassing questions.

by bronzefist 36 Replies latest jw friends

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Nothing new here just a reminder to those who haven’t been to hall for awhile.

A workmate just had his study cut off. There were some things he was being taught that he agreed with (Trinity) some he didn’t (Faithful and discreet slave being a group of old men in NY). Here are a couple of interesting facts:

He would very politely discuss things he could not agree with (citing scriptures)…. to others in the congregation…..when this was found out his study conductor (an elder) was told to “run” to his side to listen to what was being said. One week later there was a needs talk about being “cautious” of “new ones”. He knew they were “marking” him and people avoided him after the talk.

The study conductor was asked if the f.d.s. ever admitted they were wrong.“Why yes, we use to celebrate Christmas and that was wrong. We use to allow smoking….and that was wrong also.”

The SC was asked about the UN connection (which I had mentioned to my friend).SC said, “Our organization would NEVER have anything to do with the UN because it is part of Satan’s system.” (I will give my friend a copy of the NGO listing the Watchtower Society as an NGO member tomorrow, which he will show to his former SC).

In the end his SC was told by the PO to end the study because, “It’s your job to teach him the correct things to believe…NOT to listen to what HE believes.” This was repeated to my friend when he went to the PO and asked him why the study had to end.

I personally know most of the elders in this congregation and, yes this is exactly how they handle these kinds of things. So, my friend wondered why he was treated so lovingly by everyone when he stared the study, and so coldly when all he did was ask questions.I told him the reason…he asked too many embarrassing questions.

Brzfst

P.S. His mom has been in the congregation for a long time but is irregular in meeting attendance.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Anyone in a new area where they aren't known every think about starting a study just to ask questions?

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    my friend wondered why he was treated so lovingly by everyone when he stared the study, and so coldly when all he did was ask questions.

Answer: Because it's a cult. Cults aren't interested in truth. Cults demand confromity to the teaching of their supreme leader(s), plain and simple.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

How is your friend feeling about that; rejected? I'm just hoping that he doesn't feel like he has to be a better person before qualifying to study with them. Hopefully he can see that they're just ignorant, because the weren't able to handle a bit of questioning.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    In the end his SC was told by the PO to end the study because, “It’s your job to teach him the correct things to believe…NOT to listen to what HE believes.”

Wow!

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

sass_my_frass

He feels more hurt than anything else. Feels he has a relationship with God/Jehovah and must get baptizied, but doesn't want to do so in an "organization of law-lessness"

brzfst

• zack
    zack

They don't want you if they can't victimize you.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
  • steve2
    steve2

This reminds me of the old saying (Wilde, I think): "Give me my way in absolutely everything and you won't find a more pleasant person". Same with the Witnesses: Agree with everything they say, and they'll be so loving and supportive of you. Show just a sign or two that you can think for yourself, and they'll cool right off.

• poppers
    poppers

Great quote, steve2.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit