Study ended because he asked too many embarrassing questions.

by bronzefist 36 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I was trying to figure out, why on earth do witnesses feels so intimadated by questions ? I think some of them are truly afraid to ask. The Society has made them so APOSTATE FEARFUL.

It's as if they are afraid to find out that what they have believed in for many years could be wrong or is just being completely afraid of knowing what the truthful answers are.

The Organization has turned all the witnesses into robotic yesbots.

I know of some witnesses who are afraid of their own shadow. I suppose most of them don't mind being put under a microscope for everything and action they take in their live. It is as if there are spies everywhere.

Or is someone in the cong. going to find out that your looking for the answers to questions that before were okay to ask and now they can't ask these questions any longer. Again Fear of man.

What about the biblical text that reminds true Christians to seek out the truth like the ancient Boreans? U=Oh gee maybe that doesn't apply to the 21 century... sheesh..

It must really suck for many JWs who want to leave but are really fearful of even thinking such a thing.

My doctor once told me, (as most of the cong. were his doctor) that many of the witnesses in the area were very jealous and envious of me, because I had the guts to get up and leave the organization. They wanted to know how I did it. Most told him it was fear of disfellowshipping and losing family that made them feel like they had to stay even though they were truly miserable being a witness.

I guess living the way you want to is forbidden and no one is going to forbid me to do what I want to do as I answer alone to God not the WTBTS. It's too bad that the witnesses can't figure that out for themselves.

Remember Jesus said come unto me all who are laden down and I will refresh you as my yoke is kindly and light. Ask the average JWs that question and they would just rather shrivel up rather then wanting their freedom from the oppression of the WTBTS.

orangefatcat

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Junction-Guy asked;

Is his mom baptized? so was he raised around the JW's and then decided to check it out? Yes his mom is baptized but very irregular. Her son was around the organization for just a little, but nevered studied with anyone.... then left...came back after elder contacted him at the door. Juni thanks for helping me out...I know you really miss them lovin' elders. brzfst

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

So any bible student that asks a question that can't be answered by opening up their asinine Reasoning book and reading word for word isn't allowed the "privilege" of studying anymore? This person was studying a short time and is already smarter than the one studying with him. What does that say about their religion?

• hubert
    hubert
    I will give my friend a copy of the NGO listing the Watchtower Society as an NGO member tomorrow, which he will show to his former SC).

Good on ya to help the guy "out", Bronzefist.

Oh, and tell us how that goes over. We'd love to hear it.

Hubert

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Yep, I was told the same thing years ago after coming away from the door with an elder when the person at home (extremely intelligent and knew the bible) starting asking very embarassing questions that the elder had no answer for. When I said "why did you want to leave so abruptly?" he basically said the same thing as quoted above: We're there to preach to THEM-----not to have them preach to us."

Translation: Two of my brain cells started to work and it freaked me out!

While reading this thread, I suddenly recalled being out in FS with an elder and we had been invited inside to chat with the householder. The guy was very well-versed in scripture and asked a lot of interesting questions. *I* thought it was going very nicely and all of a sudden the elder stood up and headed towards the door, mumbling that "we had people waiting in the car"....

When we got outside (and before we got to the car) I asked why he got up to leave so abruptly, and he answered pretty much the same way as was mentioned here! Quite frankly---too many things HE could not successfully address...so we up and left! It was just one more incident that I should have noticed as bizarre, but that I buried down deep and didn't think about.

A LOT of those incidents are coming to mind lately, and I wonder just where my head was AT for 30 years?

hugs,

Annie.......who has finally found her head, thankyouverymuch

• VM44
    VM44

What the elder said about teaching people absolutely "correct answers" in itself answers the question as to whether the Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult or not!!

--VM44

• steve2
    steve2
    all of a sudden the elder stood up and headed towards the door, mumbling that "we had people waiting in the car"....

This is such a good example of the distasteful arrogance that lies at the heart of so many JWs' preaching behaviour. They have such a knee-jerk blindness to and disregard for other's point of view. To their credit, other JWs who are much more sensitive to the usual "rules" of courtesy and respect, would never so overtly remove themselves from the situation. Whenever I begin to feel a little bit sorry for the JWs, I remind myself of their strong tendency to ride roughshod over others' feelings, and I don't feel sorry for 'em anymore!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit