Study ended because he asked too many embarrassing questions.

by bronzefist 36 Replies latest jw friends

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I visited a church once out of curiosity after fading from the borg and was very impressed when the minister said he is concerned not so much about churches that have unanswered questions but churches that have unquestioned answers! How true is that.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass
    He feels more hurt than anything else. Feels he has a relationship with God/Jehovah and must get baptizied, but doesn't want to do so in an "organization of law-lessness"

Well, I'm sorry he's feeling hurt, but I'm glad their game didn't work on him, and that he's finding out now rather than later.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Interesting situation, it shows that the JWs are in fact out to catch people that are ignorant or naive and once they come upon someone that is knowledgeable and aware they simply run away. I had never heard of an interested person getting marked and shunned by the JWs. It's all about info control.

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

I say he should try and get setup with another congregation (KH) and ask the same questions again. Maybe 2 JWs can have that seed planted, and atleast 2 will be released possibly.

If anything, that would be a positive accomplishmnet for your friend.

• Mary
    Mary
    I personally know most of the elders in this congregation and, yes this is exactly how they handle these kinds of things.

Actually, maybe you could provide us with the name and location of this Kingdumb Hall, and some of us posters on here could phone them to ask why the one true religion on earth can't answer some simple questions about their own faith.

• emptywords
    emptywords

We had a talk a few weeks ago and one of the points they made was to check to see if it is the truth, see if what is being taught is truth...well except if you ask questions that are from a diffent mind thought other than the JW dictionary.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Yeah, you gotta be cautious of those new ones. You never know, they may be apostates in disguise!

But, did it ever occur to them that somebody can be asking genuine questions that need to be answered?

That is what this religion is all about: presumptuous claims that cannot be questioned.

LHG

• juni
    juni

Mary asked:

Actually, maybe you could provide us with the name and location of this Kingdumb Hall, and some of us posters on here could phone them to ask why the one true religion on earth can't answer some simple questions about their own faith.

This congregation was my "alma mater". It's an ultra conservative cong. and they don't like to be questioned. Our family was very close w/the PO of this cong. and his family. Ugh!!! This is the elder who swears like a longshoreman, gives his wife the silent treatment, is moody and a user. I could rant on, but for what purpose?

Would they s*** their pants if they saw me out there picketing. LOL

Juni

• claytoncapeletti
    claytoncapeletti

This is one of my favorite quotes:
    Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.
    Andre Gide
    French critic, essayist, & novelist (1869 - 1951)

Clayton

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Unbelievable, but so VERY typical!!

What are they afraid of???? Their disgusting past LIES?? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It makes me SICK! And to think I ever believed that I had the "TRUTH"!

L.L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit