The Natural Beauty of Your Neighborhood

by compound complex 293 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

Late winter, when not much is in bloom. . .

• compound complex
    compound complex

Excellent shots, John Doe! There's beauty in starkness.

I'm a little queasy, however, with those folks so close to the ledge ...

Thanks much,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

landscape

The calender solemnly declares spring, but the present atmospheric condition shouts a triumphant, firmly entrenched winter. Perhaps this austere and brutal terra incognita will yield, allowing for a measured but meager thaw come June. July.

August ... definitely....

• ataloa
    ataloa

This was taken from the back porch this morning; you have to imagine the rustling of the wind and the cooing of the doves. I love the colors of the sky.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Ataloa:

Thank you for that beautiful shot. Similar to the landscape at home.

Grew up with it and will never tire of it ...

Gratefully,

CoCo

• beksbks
    beksbks

Found this in the yard today.

Firefly.jpg picture by beksbks

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Compound complex------Yes I live around Beautiful Palm Trees and a lot of Flowers, I live close to the Ocean.

We get Beautiful Sunsets, We are close to the Parks.

I lived in Detroit Michigan, California is heaven, compare to Detroit Michigan.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

This is what it is like in California.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Barbie Doll and Beks,

Good to see you two back here in the 'hood, and you, BD, heading both pages 10 and 11!

I used to live on the Monterey Bay and loved our frequent trips to Carmel-by-the-Sea. Miss it mucho ...

Thanks for your contributions to the thread.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Smokey the Bear [he may be Smokey Bear now, but when I was a kid he was SMOKEY THE BEAR!] says that fire danger is HIGH today, 28 May 2009. The sky is a brooding, suffused gray that appears ready to explode at any moment with lightning and wild, uncontrolled downpours.

I only recently drove through such upon leaving Reno, Nevada, a few days ago. The sky was sunny and effusive, yet what lay ahead in the clearly observable open sky was a massive thunderhead letting go of pent up sheets of rain. Those "3 sheets to the wind" pummeled my windshield with a ferocity that momentarily blinded this white-knuckled driver to what only seconds earlier was a dry, straight and safe roadway.

The look outside is eerily reminiscent of a gothic tale that takes the reader by the throat and begs him submit to the grotesque and eminently desirable and delicious fear of the unknown.

Go ahead; scare me ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit