Long Beach Convention weekend is over!

by Highlander 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

# 1. The bible states that no one can go to the father(jehovah) except through jesus christ.

# 2. Jesus christ and jehovah created the faithful slave arrangement.

#3. Therefore no one can go to jesus christ and jehovah, except through the faithful and discreet slave.

Using that 'logic', they then proclaimed that we must be a part of jehovah's oganization, otherwise we have no hope. We have no where else to go.

Using that logic...

According to the JW Bible, Jehovah and Jesus created the animals too. And since animals came before the Faithful and Discreet Slave, wouldn't a Jackass have authority over them?

"HEE HAW"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JayHawk1..Ok..You got me laughing!..Where have you been?..We`ve got to keep this place laughing and I can`t do it alone..I`m going to bed..It`s your shift..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Had to take a break... Good night bud.

• blondie
    blondie

GUY PEARCE was there? WooHoo!

elders (right arrow) FDS (right arrow) GB (right arrow) Jesus (right arrow) God

*** w06 7/15 p. 20 par. 6 Focus on the Goodness of Jehovah’s Organization ***The ‘faithful slave’ is represented by the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, a small group of spirit-anointed men serving at the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Brooklyn, New York. The Governing Body appoints experienced servants of Jehovah to serve at branch offices that supervise the activities of over 98,000 congregations earth wide. Men who meet the Biblical requirements are appointed as elders and ministerial servants in these congregations.

Drama: OT examples follows pattern in the WT publications. The stage props are sad. How strict are the rules about how much you can spend and how elaborate your costume can be?

No one knows the name of the GB members...that proves there is no Bethel grapevine (gossip mill) and that jws never read the WT publications. In one year, last year 2006, NINE (9) were mentioned, one even give the title "Governing Body member."

*** w06 9/15 p. 31 His Delight Was in the Law of Jehovah ***ALBERT D. SCHROEDER, a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, finished his earthly course on Wednesday, March 8, 2006. He was 94 years old and had spent more than 73 years in the full-time ministry.

w06 7/1 p.17 They Delight to Do God’s Will***Stephen Lett, a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses and the chairman of the graduation program, welcomed all in attendance.

Next, Geoffrey Jackson, a member of the Governing Body who served as a missionary from 1979 until 2003, asked the graduates, "Are You Responsible?"
    Governing Body member Guy Pierce presented the principal talk, entitled "Jehovah Will Never Fail."
    *** w06 3/15 p. 26 New Members of the Governing Body ***ON Wednesday morning, August 24, 2005, the United States and Canada Bethel families, connected by video, heard an exciting announcement. Effective September 1, 2005, two new members—Geoffrey W. Jackson and Anthony Morris III-

would be added to the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses .

*** w06 3/1 p. 13 Knowing What Is Right and Doing It ***About that time, Ted Jaracz, who was then serving at the Australia branch office of Jehovah’s Witnesses and who is now a member of the Governing Body, talked to us about our spiritual goals.
    *** w06 1/1 p. 13 They Made the Hearts of Their Parents Rejoice ***Then the chairman, David Splane of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, began the graduation exercises by telling those fathers and mothers: "You deserve our warm commendation.
    Next, Samuel Herd of the Governing Body answered the question "Are You Ready?"
    Gerrit Lösch of the Governing Body presented the final talk. His theme was "Speaking About God and Bearing Witness to Jesus in the Lord’s Day."

Blondie

• Dagney
    Dagney

This "would" have been my convention. (As she strains to see if she could recognize anybody in the pic...LOL)

I told my friends "Have a good assembly!!

(Shiver)

• blondie
    blondie

Dagney, did anyone remind you that the term is now "convention" not "assembly" for the district one? It changed back in the late 70's and early 80's. One of those gnat things.

Blondie (blondie looking for gnats to eat)

• R.F.
    R.F.

And lets not forget the 2007 Yearbook which has all the Governing Body members in the front.

What crappy reasoning that was used at that convention.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

what i like about the lb convention center is that if you sit at the top row, it's dark, and you can sleep. =D

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

My condolences on your having to attend bits of the convention.

I see that they still insist on using their own sound equipment, rather than the facilities' equipment (probably to get around having to pay union workers).

I also see from the first photo that no one is smiling and very somber faces... like I used to be like. *smiling*

RE: Not knowing the names of the GB -

So - we supposedly know the name of the creator... but not the GB who we are to obey? Where's the logic in that?

Regards,

Jim TX

• Dagney
    Dagney

Blondie,

As soon as I wrote "assembly" and sent it I remembered it was convention. But the friends still do say assembly.

Yep, high in the rafters is nice for a nap...and sometimes the echo is so bad you don't have to hear a thing.

I am happy to say the last time I was at the LB convention center was for a Bob Dylan concert. Very happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit