Long Beach Convention weekend is over!

by Highlander 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Highlander
    Highlander

This weekend was my wife's convention. I attended with her on Friday morning. She attended alone during the afternoon as I had some clients to meet with for my business. I was able to meet up with her during the last 'talk' of the afternoon session.

As it has been mentioned,, Friday was all about how j-dubs include jesus christ in their worship and service to jehovah. The last talk of the day was a doozy. I only heard the last part of it but it was evident that all the 'talks' about jesus christ was just a segue into submitting to the faithfull and discrete slave. Their "reasoning" went something like this:

# 1. The bible states that no one can go to the father(jehovah) except through jesus christ.

# 2. Jesus christ and jehovah created the faithful slave arrangement.

#3. Therefore no one can go to jesus christ and jehovah, except through the faithful and discreet slave.

Using that 'logic', they then proclaimed that we must be a part of jehovah's oganization, otherwise we have no hope. We have no where else to go.

Some interesting things mentioned from the stage during the morning session:

We don't even know who the GB members are. Our opposers accuse us of being followers of men, but we don't even know their names. (Laughter ensued)
    "the condition of the world has gotten so bad. A prominent NBA player once stated: I don't want to be no role model" The speaker than quipped about not wanting to learn english from this NBA player either. ( I believe the NBA player he was quoting was Charles Barkley,, though he didn't mention who the player was,, I recognize the quote)

I did not take any notes and developed 'glossy eyes' most of the time, so I don't recall much more than that.

Saturday, I did not attend as I had a full day of work scheduled prior to telling my wife that I would take her to the convention.

I decided to sleep in for the Sunday morning convention and then meet my wife later for lunch and attend the afternoon.

The drama sucked as usual. As always, it was based on old testament events and had references to violence and jehovah's vengeance. They discussed the decapitation of Baal worshipers. Then later an assistant to Elisha was stricken with leprosy due to his haughty, prideful attitude. Let's all praise this 'loving' god jehoober!!!

I don't recall anything else as I could hardly listen to the drones giving the talks.

If I recall any more 'highlights' I'll add them to this thread.

• zeroday
    zeroday

SS DD

Translation:

Same S*** Different Day...

• Highlander
  • merfi
    merfi

Ohhhhh that picture made my stomach crimp up a bit and my hair go cold. Bad bad memories....

Thanks for sharing, tho.

~merfi

• Highlander
    Highlander

I also made it a point to stop and say hi to our fellow apostates that were picketing the convention. Though I'm not a big fan of picketing, I told them to keep up the good work as

my entire family is trapped in this cult.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I also made it a point to stop and say hi to our fellow apostates that were picketing the convention. Though I'm not a big fan of picketing, I told them to keep up the good work as my entire

family is trapped in this cult.

Good one Highlander!

Ugg that picture sure brings back memories for me I spent too many DC there in that arena in Long Beach. bleah

• Highlander
    Highlander

I was amazed at the behavior of the j-dubs. There was the typical 'seal clapping' during every pause from the speaker.

Also: We arrived late on friday morning. As we were walking up the stairs,, everyone immediately stopped walking and dropped their heads completely in sync with eachother.

I couldn't hear the prayer being given, but I knew that was the reason they stopped in unison. It was as if someone flipped a switch.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Oh yeah,, in case anyone is interested. Governing Boobie member, Guy Pierce was there. Funny how they mention on friday that we don't know the names of the GB, yet on Sunday

he's given excessive love and praise by all the 'seal clappers'. And did I say he was mentioned by name?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

lol @ 'seal clappers'

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Highlander..If I understand you correctly..It was stated the JW`s don`t know who the Governing Body is.???..Yet,JW`s blindly follow these dimwits???..LOL!!.....We know who they are!.....SkallyWagger/SF dressed the GB up like Clowns!..LOL!!.....Maybe SkallyWagger can make a GB Clown Calander..Then the Jehovah`s Witness`s will know who they follow.....SkallyWagger,help the ordinary JW know who runs the "WBT$ Insane Asylum!!"..Be sure to dress them up real nice!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit