Long Beach Convention weekend is over!

by Highlander 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Highlander
    Highlander
    Yep, high in the rafters is nice for a nap...and sometimes the echo is so bad you don't have to hear a thing.

The echo was horrible on the two days I attended. Sometimes you could barely understand what was said.

One speak, I think it was GB member Guy Pierce, made a whistle noise for every word that ended or started with an S. When he whistled, it would echo all over the arena.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Great Stuff Highlander. Am I seeing correctly? Is that chap in front of you wearing a YELLOW shirt? the rebel!

Not sure I've ever seen anyone picketing an Assembly - maybe I never noticed, or maybe it's more of an American hobby.

• Dagney
    Dagney
    One speak, I think it was GB member Guy Pierce, made a whistle noise for every word that ended or started with an S. When he whistled, it would echo all over the arena.

Well, that would be annoying!

One thing about that place is it is finally, a really great location, great weather, great ocean breezes...and good places within walking distance for "refreshments."

Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

• Highlander
    Highlander
    Am I seeing correctly? Is that chap in front of you wearing a YELLOW shirt? the rebel!

Yep, it was yellow, but he was wearing a tie, so not so much of a rebel.

I saw one young kid that wore casual dress pants, with a t-shirt, then an unbottoned shirt over the t-shirt. I believe he and I were the only ones not wearing the standard

suit and tie. I like dressing up, but refuse to do so for the j-dubs, so I wore business casual pants, with a golf shirt. I was a minority, and the prying eyes confirmed it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Blondie..As usual,you are a Gem!..Thanks for bringing that info up.....So..Names of the Governing Body are published in WBT$ liturature.Then a WBT$ Retard announces no one knows who the Governing Body is.Then a Guest Speaker who happens to be one of the Governing Body is announced as such..Crazy Eyes..And..JW`s except all of this without question.."Welcome to the WBT$ Insane Asylum"..Clapping Seals are Welcome!..........Highlander..So funny you made the Clapping Seals comment..I thought the same thing years ago..The attendants should walk around with buckets of fish,to encourage all the JW Seals!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Highlander
    Highlander
    The attendants should walk around with buckets of fish,to encourage all the JW Seals!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

LOL @ Outlaw!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

ha ha ha

I think my mom and my sisters were there,

ugg that picture made me throw up a little in my mouth, bad too I had Andersons pea soup for lunch, any one know a good exorcist?

• 38 Years
  • bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i used to encourage people to clap when they normally wouldn't. when someone would mak a mundane point, i'd start clapping, and eventually, everyone would join in. timing and persistance is the key. it makes the time go faster.

• 38 Years

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit