Who is SATAN to you?..............

by passive suicide 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• needproof
    needproof

Yes, it's probably a load of rubbish, but it's a nice story hahaha

• eclipse
    eclipse
    I believe he's a character in a fairy tale (it was the big dragon image that helped me see that!), who, incidentally, killed less people than God in the Bible!

When I first read this sentence, it was like a lightbulb going off...you are all absolutely right...Satan gets villified by religions as the a convenient scapegoat to explain why suffereing exists. Satan only killed 10 people, with God's permission of course, so really, who is the most evil character in the Bible? If you equate murder and rape with evil, humans and God himself should be considered the most evil.

• Sirona
  • TopHat
    TopHat

...I am NOT a part of this choir....

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hehehehe.

You called SATAN a TOOL. A HUGE TOOL, in fact.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

He is the Hebrew demon of treachery that the Christians borrowed to use as there bad guy.

Evil is all about perspective. To the ancient Israelites the Egyptians were the bad guys but to the Egyptians the Israelites were called the "evil ones". The bible says that it was god that freed the Israelites but the Egyptians said that the were cast out of Egypt.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

So then... how do you like me NOW?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Satan is a bit like Vincent Price in the Red Death - sexy and a bit dangerous, but a lot less scary then God the Impaler and Destroyer of Worlds.

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

Satan to me was like the honest in the bible and without him the story kinda sucks. I mean, c'mon... he Challenges everything! God wouldn't be God without Satan. He'd just be. "oh yeah.. there's god in the sky. again.. sitting on his thrown... in his shiny gold bright ass dress..."

But with Satan he has a reason to go batshit crazy once in a while and show people why he should fear him. He's just the badass who comes along and shows humans and God to be the selfish sons of bitches he and we all are because allusions of "love and sacrifice" are not the whole story.

The whole idea of God being nothing but pure love and not needing us is kinda crazy- when I don't need something I dont... need it or desire it- whoever God is, I think she/he/it needs us as much as we need him/her/it.

But thats just my take.

• ninja
    ninja

needproof...you been listening to Jordan Maxwell again?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit