Who is SATAN to you?..............

by passive suicide 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• passive suicide
    passive suicide

Does he/it really exist to you? Since I've become more empowered in my fade.....I've been realizing Satan is just a HUGE guilt tool used by religion in general. At this point I believe 'HE' doesn't exist...........

• needproof
    needproof

I believe that man has always tried to justify the presence of evil in this world, and before we had science we had superstition; Satan is a result of that superstition - just another name for evil, man always has to find or create a reason behind something he can't fully understand.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

I believe he's a character in a fairy tale (it was the big dragon image that helped me see that!), who, incidentally, killed less people than God in the Bible!

• passive suicide
    passive suicide

So you're saying, to you, Satan is mankinds explanation for his own 'evil' tendencies?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

For sure, I haven't found Satan to be anything like the monster that the Craptower Society makes him out to be. If anything, he represents freedom. Freedom to do your own thinking, and take responsibility for your own actions without having some almighty Tyrant watching you. If anything, Satan actually went beyond his call of duty in Eden by trying to help mankind out of God's stagnation trap by getting them to think on their own. And what does God go and do? God condemns the human race and Satan for trying to get into a productive life of creation of value!

To prove the point, when I got my Ouija board, I never had any demon attacks. I looked at the possibility--not using the Craptower formula, but using real life statistics. I figured that you have about the same chance of getting a demon attack from a Ouija board as you do from getting hit by lightning in a thunderstorm: it can happen, but the odds are extremely long against it. And now I find out that the demons don't attack people after all--so the odds are zero that you will get attacked by the demons.

If anything, Jehovah is the monster that is out to get us. He has caused problems and built so many mazes of rules and rituals that are nothing more than a waste of time throughout the whole Old Testament. And He has built more mazes for people to follow. I would rather just find my own way right around the whole *$&^ing maze.

• passive suicide
    passive suicide

So you believe in demons or no?........personally.I think they're devices created for control through fear.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Genealogy helps putting things into perspective I think.

An anti-"God" emerges in the wake of "God" -- contrary to the initial intention of monotheism which was to have One "Cause" of everything, good and bad (Isaiah 45:7, over against Persian dualism). Because we cannot stand "God" to be anything else but "only good," somebody else has to be "only bad". Dualism reaps hundredfold what it has sown into monotheism in the first place.

• passive suicide
    passive suicide

Pro-tagonism at its best.so far I like what I see.

• needproof
    needproof

Yes, that's exactly right. I am open to the idea of third world entities however.

Did you know that in ancient Egypt, the name of the Devil was Set, and that the sun in the sky (God's sun) was said to do battle with Set (representing darkness) every day. And this is why we say that it starts to get dark at sun-set.

Now the sun was Horus, and he rose everyday to once again battle with Set on the Horiz-en - Horus has risen.

Such is the basis for the 'Greatest story ever told'. Why did Jesus appear in his father's high temple when he was 12, and then disappear until he was 30? Because at mid-day, 12pm, the sun is found at the most high (point of the sky), the temple of Amen-ra - to you we pray, AMEN!

Now you know why we used to celebrate the memorial at specifically at sun-set, and Christians celebrate the rising of the sun at EA-STAR, the great eastern star has risen again.

The whole battle of Light vs Darkness was personified a long time ago when ancient man devised wonderful stories to explain the whole thing.

• passive suicide
    passive suicide

Needproof.....yer awesome. I'm going to sleep.........catch you guys on the flip-side..check out that ouija board post.interested to hear your comments.:P!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit