If The Elders Decide To Get You-----They Will!!!

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Please never think that YOU can reason with an "older man", a "spiritual shepherd", an "elder". Elders already know what their agenda is. If they want to talk with you, they control the format. The only way they don't control you is by your not agreeing to deal with THEM. If you tell them in no uncertain terms that you won't meet with them, they can't force you. They are SUPPOSED to get at least 2 reliable "witnesses" to a sin. If they want to question you to make a case using your own words against you, they don't need 2 witnesses. They can use your own incriminatory words. So refuse to deal with them!

Of course, this board has shown experiences of elders disfellowshipping without proper cause, even per Watchtower guidelines. If you are trying not to get disfellowshipped or disassociated, try to fade sucessfully. It requires that you keep a low profile. But if you decide to question the older men regarding beliefs, prophecies, JW history, misstatements or ANYTHING that will make them feel threatened, they'll go after you.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

minimus is correct.

I once heard the District Overseer say at an elders meeting "If in doubt disfellowship and let the circuit overseer worry about any apeal later" . If they want to get you they can - as minimus says , sometimes they have a pre-planned agenda dictated by the Branch Ofiice or CO/DO. So no matter how strong/biblical your case they can find a way

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

You're right ther minimus, they won't leave you alone unless you are firm with them.

Having said that, I was firm with them, but they still wanted to set up a jc for me, until I headed them off at the pass, so to speak, by disassociating.

• minimus
    minimus

Look how they got Ray Franz. They even disfellowshipped him on a charge that never was a d'fing charge!

I've seen COs TELL the JC what the outcome will be. The whole ordeal was a sham for the one getting d'fd.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Absolutely! If not the Elders, the C.O. will interfere and tell them what to do. I had this happen more than once in our congregation. The C.O. tells us make sure you disfellowshipp him! While she gets off and he does not. Double standard.

Blueblades

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Yeah, I'm toast. No question about it. The only reason I'm going to the JC tonight is to show my family that I cooperated. They were told by an elder that things were in our favor and nobody wants us to be df'd. We are going to record the whole thing just incase the elders try to lie to my parents (which I think they probably will).

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Can't wait to hear it, if you're willing to share.

• Justahuman24
    Justahuman24

It's true. I refused to meet with the elders when I let them know I was going leave the Organization. They called me and said that it'd be wise to meet with them so they could help me with any spiritual weakness or help me finalize my leave. But I didn't call them back nor did I ever talk to them again. I wasn't afraid. I just didn't feel like dealing with any of them. justahuman - but super nonetheless

• minimus
    minimus

I told the elders if I ever needed them, I'd give them a call. I said it in a tone to the entire BOE which made them know I wasn't going to be subjected to their "shepherding" calls.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is one way to keep them from getting you (and they will waste a lot of time trying). If you refuse to let them in, show up for meetings, or answer the phone for them, there is no way they can have the kangaroo courtmeeting with you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit