If The Elders Decide To Get You-----They Will!!!

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

True Wiz BUT they can still have their meeting without you if they can prove (even weakly) that witnesses support their allegations.

• zack
    zack

A JC is not about JUSTICE. It is about POWER.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, it's about authority and who calls the shots. You're at their mercy. Therefore, I'd suggest one to generally NOT go to a JC if invited----unless you just want to engage the elders in a debate. I've known ones that are very pleased with themselves for telling the elders off. I guess that's ok.

• JH
    JH

I always refused to meet them, and I'M inactive since 16 years.

A few times I went back for a few meetings, and I didnt want to meet them. When they became pushy, I stopped going. Then I went back a few times, just for a few meetings, until once more they wanted to talk to me.....I didn't play their game.

Then a few years later, again I went back, and I did accept that they come over...gee and they insisted i get a bible study which i accepted, which I did to surprise them,.....they said it was to encourage me....so i didnt see that as an accusation or anything.

Then when they wanted the CO to come over and see me because i wasnst producing enough, I quit going for good !!!

• minimus
    minimus

JH, anytime the elders want to "help" you----R U N.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Good advice, Min. And you're right - if they want to get you, they'll do it, and break their own rules in the process.

I once served as the chair on an appeal committee, appealing 8 disfellowshippings created by a special committee brought into the Ogdensburg, NY congregation by the Society.

We drove there and spent an entire weekend listening to the Witnesses that appealed the DFings - 7 of the 8.

As an appeal committee, we realized that none of these 7 had been DFed with a scriptural basis. It was sort of a "DF them all and let Jehovah sort it out later" action.

We ended up writing the Society a 30-page letter explaining in detail that none of these people had been legitimately DFed according to the Society's own direction. They had broken no Bible law that would warrant DFing. There was no evidence of any wrongdoing on the part of any of these friends - except that they had had the courage to stand up to an abusive body of elders and to question why nothing had been done. That body had eventually been removed.

We were shocked when the Society wrote back that all 7 DFings stood. I think that was the beginning of the end for me. I realized then and there that this had nothing to do with Holy Spirit or anything like it. These folks were seen as troublemakers and this was a chance to get rid of them that the Society was not going to pass up - Bible principles and the Society's own directions be damned.

S4

• minimus
    minimus

WOW SEEKER!!!!

It just proves that if the powers that be want you out, it'll happen.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It's their club, and they are the senior members in it. If they want you out bad enough, then you're out.

W

• ninja
    ninja

when they "visited" me to "readjust my thinking"...I said if they d'fed me I wasn't bothered in the least ...but my wife and kids would be the ones to suffer...they have their JW friends up to our house often....so I asked them to "consider" this before they made any move toward me....they asked me if I believed they were the F&DS...I said no...and said I didn't believe jesus came in 1914...I am not playing their silly games....F&DS GIRUY

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Well said Minimus! Stay low profile, don't be an agitator, as much fun as that is. You don't want them to get you in their sights, because once they do you are fucked big time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit