If The Elders Decide To Get You-----They Will!!!

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch

If The Elders Decide To Get You-----They Will!!!

F*** 'em

They have no power over me as is my choice. There are infinitely more possibilities beyond their myopic vision of "reality"

But i do feel for those struggling with the present or letting go of the past.

As I do sometimes,.....

• Sassy
    Sassy

I faded... however, I think I just gave them the evidence they need to df me if they want..

when my dad died, the local paper there (cong I grew up in) listed as survivors not only my name, but the man I have been living with. I thought about it the day it came out in the paper..

then thought oh well whatever.. I don't care any more

• Numinous
    Numinous

I desperately wanted to fade. I got many invitations to elder meetings in the back room. If you don't go, they are immediately suspicious and try harder. I made the mistake of stopping on the side of the road after being PULLED OVER by one of the elders, only to be handed a notice for the judicial hearing. They had tried 3 certified letters to me previously and I refused them...this guy had to have waited 3 or more hours on the side of the road to catch me. Mistake number two was actually going to that meeting -- the charge being going against a principle of one flesh even tho they never asked me if I had had sex with this male friend. I had been divorced for 3 years by then but...the idea that the elders spend 100s of hours helping people before they are dfed is just crazy. The elder body was afraid of how things would look. Another friend of mine moved from the Detroit area to the Upper Peninsula to escape and within weeks she was found. I wish now I would have told them if they dfed me I would take legal action against them.

• minimus
    minimus

Whew! These guys really really wanted you.

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: "How can you evade taxes when you are tax exempt?"The sale of religious literature (or other sales) by a religion is subject to sales tax in places like California in the United States. The "donation arrangement" is the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation's answer to taxation of sales. The legality of that program is yet to be tested.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit