METH. It is every where and like a plague

by free2beme 59 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

Recently a woman I worked with for three years, passed out at work. She has three kids and is very nice. I did not do things with her away from work, but talk to her every day. Well they helped her up and got her to the hospital and it turned out it was related to her addiction to METH. She was thin, but her teeth were okay and she always seemed to have a lot of energy. I just did not put two and two together on this woman. She was given a second chance and our company offered to pay for rehab and give her a chance, she just had to agree to a weekly drug test and make progress. She was happy they did this, as her job is what she needs to care for her family. It lasted a couple months, and she failed last week, now she is unemployed and left to her METH.

I tell you this, METH is everywhere and like a plague. If you are not one of the ones who uses it and hides that from others, then you know someone who is hiding it from you. It might be a work mate, a friend or relative or a child. It is around you, whether you know it or not. It is terrible and I use the word plague as it spreads and kills, only it takes longer and the plague is more humane in it's way of taking you from this world. METH makes you feel that you are okay, in control and doing what is best for you. As you spirille down down down the spin to your early death. You will give up all that matters, to have more, people, possessions and even your own body. Seek help if you are connected with this drug, even if you are in the stage of thinking, "ALL IS FINE!"

The world is dying with each purchase of the little rock.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks for spreading this important message f2bm!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Thats such a sad story. I dont know what meth is - not sure we have it here, but having read what you want I dont think we want it!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Thats such a sad story. I dont know what meth is - not sure we have it here, but having read what you want I dont think we want it!

Crumpet, crystal meth is a drug that is finding an audience with middle-class America. It's pervading nearly all communities, especially rural ones. It is highly destructive.

• juni
    juni

Yes. Methadone was used to help addicts kick the heroin habit. Now it's taken over as one of the most abused drugs.

Sad.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Here's a link to a support group.

I hope that's ok with the mods.

http://www.crystalmeth.org/

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

My wife's son is in prison for the 2nd time...he's addicted to crystal meth. Most people have no idea how addictive or how destructive a person's life can become when their brain 'needs' this stuff.

After one (1) single hit...some...people's brain chemistry can be changed. It will add opiate receptors to the neurons (brain cells) these receptors 'need' meth like your stomach reminds you you must eat. Only much, much worse.

*sigh*

• free2beme
    free2beme
    I dont know what meth is - not sure we have it here, but having read what you want I dont think we want it!

It is, it is every where. Here is what it does.

This is what it looks like

Even worse, this is what it is made of.

This is a drug hat is considered the nations top drug problem. Destroying lives everywhere.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's sad that people have to rely on chemical substances to find a meaning in life, lots of youths use marijuana and ecstasy pills, society seems to be going through a crisis. They offered these to me many times but I said no thanks I don't need substances to feel happy.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Frontline had show about Meth last year. Their website had lots of good bonus material. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/meth/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit