METH. It is every where and like a plague

by free2beme 59 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

HBO has a series called "Addiction," I think that is the name. They show addicts shooting it up, so I gues they do. My son has not gone there yet, as far as I know.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    HBO has a series called "Addiction," I think that is the name. They show addicts shooting it up, so I gues they do. My son has not gone there yet, as far as I know.

Anything you shoot into a vein makes it that much more addictive, just like with smoking cigarettes, it's the act of injecting yourself (which I have never done so I don't know firsthand) I've heard from medical professionals.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

misanthropic

You should never really judge anyone. People don't usually use drugs to "find a meaning of life" so much as they rely on druge to desguise the pain and heartache that life can sometimes bring. I no longer use drugs but I can completely understand why someone would and some people continue to. And I have to say, I REALLY HATE when someone has never done any kind of drug yet they feel they are some sort of expert. There was a time I judged everyone who used drugs, butI have since learned I didn't know what I was talking about.

Our d-i-l just got out of rehab. We've been attending 1-2 times a week for her group therapy support with other parents/adults and the Narcotics Anonymous meetings she'll need to attend the rest of her life. I thought I had a good idea 'why' people would/could take these risks and I 'knew' it would be 'hard' to quit, but, it was really a matter of 'strength of character'. "I have since learned I didn't know what I was talking about."

There can be many reasons, but, the one that seemed to pop up more than any...both from the counselors (some were ex-users) and the addicts was, "self-medication". Most of these people had been at least severely depressed and many are bi-polar. Even after successfully completing re-hab and going to NA meetings ...AND being clean for 2-3 years... there are 'triggers' that can cause an addict to go into a mode where they feel they might die...if they cannot get that "relief" that their "drug of choice" can give them.

And most disgusting of all: Both times my wife son 'went up' for drugs...the State of Texas was more than willing to warehouse this addict for 3 years at the cost to the taxpayers of around $50,000/year, but...he did not receive even one (1) Drug Re-hab counseling session to help him find the social & other 'tools' so he could use these tools when he got out. He did not see a psychiatrist, nor was he put on the anti-depressants he needs.

When he was released...he was clean...but, he was STILL A DRUG ADDICT ! He's still depressed , now it's worse , because, it's really hard to get a job, buy a car or even rent an apt. with a felony on your record. He found his old druggy friends...and did what addicts do. He's been in jail six months now and they will not even allow NA meetings to take place there !!!!

Of course, the best route is...Never Start ! But, once they have, it would be incredibly cheaper to actually help these people, so they'll have the tools to "Just Say No !" in the future. The $$$ cost for prison warehousing, the courts, law enforcement, theft, robbery & burglary to support their addiction is enormous. The human cost...the assaults, murders, broken families, children that are taken from their families & put in state care or adopted out...the parents & children that have to wait anguishing for their loved ones to come home.

Folks...our Court system is busted. Please...now that we are out of our cult addiction and can vote...pay close attention to all the debates, then PLEASE VOTE for the people you think will help heal our very broken judicial system. Social change is needed badly.

Rabbit (Voter Class)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Rabbit

Thanks for that info on how busted the system is. We need to tend to our own yard before we go to the other side of the globe and do stuff. This is why i find those commercials w the big googly eyes of cute little kids so misplaced. They encourage joe/jane average citizen to send a few bucks or whatever to the other end of the globe and they can feel good about themselves and their wonderful country. They can shut off their brains and turn a blind eye to the problems in their own system. Brains need to be put to work to find alternate solutions to replace the throwing of problem people into the prison industry meat grinder. The usa has the largest prison population in the world.

While i haven't seen the meth problem up close, i have been directly involved w the crack problem. It's addiction isn't quite as strong as meth, but it is similar. I know a little about what i am writing.

S

• Chloe
    Chloe

That stuff is what made my husband now my ex. He was shooting it up. I didn't even know for the longest time. It turned him into a completely different person. One therapist said he had permanent organic brain damage.

Meth totally wrecks lives. Recently, in a house just down the street from my father's, a couple that had been married for years ended up shooting and killing each other. Authorities think it was because of her meth use.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Since this subject hits very close to home (stepson in prison right now for meth) I could only read the first page.

RR, that's just plain gross! But that is what happens when a person gets that addicted, and it can be quick. One hit can do it.

As far as ingredients go, I looked it up. Here they are:

Alcohol - Gasoline additives or Rubbing Alcohol ? Ether (starting fluid) ? Benzene ? Paint thinner ? Freon ? Acetone ? Chloroform ? Camp stove fuel ? Anhydrous ammonia ? White gasoline ? Pheynl-2-Propane ? Phenylacetone ? Phenylpropanolamine ? Rock, table or Epsom salt ? Iodine crystals ? Red Phosphorous ? Toluene (found in brake cleaner) ? Red Devil Lye ? Drain cleaner ? Muraitic acid ? Battery acid ? Lithium from batteries ? Sodium metal ? Ephedrine ? Cold tablets ? Diet aids ? Iodine ? Bronchodialators ? Energy boosters

Starting fluid? Paint thinner? Freon, FGS! You need a special license even to use that stuff. The one that really gets me is Red Devil Lye. I used to make home made soaps with lye in it. You can't even stand close to the tub you are mixing it in let alone injest the crap.

I have seen the damage done to people on this crap and the devastation in their lives. Don't people learn?

Apparently not. Sad.

• delilah
    delilah

Thankfully, my husband was clean 2 years, before we met. He "slammed" meth amphetamine for about 10 years, he was in and out of jail, the whole shebang. Then, as he sat in jail for the last time, at age 23, he knew it was time to quit. It was either going to kill him, or he'd be in jail for the rest of his life. He wanted out. He was finished with that life.

He was able to quit cold turkey, and he's never looked back. He won't even take a Tylenol for a headache now.

Others are not so fortunate, I'm afraid. I feel for the families of users, whose lives are destroyed by this, the devil's scourge. Now I concentrate on keeping my teenaged sons away from these dangerous drugs, which are so prevalent.

• Nowman
    Nowman

Meth is huge in Illinois (especially known to happen in smaller towns according to the media) but I do know of many people who do it/did it, its such a crazy life. I am sure its going on somewhere on my own street too, but I just don't know it yet. This thread is so sad but has opened up my eyes, a reminder that my 8 and 10 year old are possible going to face something like this...scary....

One of my best friends has been clean for 7 years now, but she was a herorin and meth addict. Because of the drugs, they had no money, and because of the drugs, they stole cars for fast cash, to get their next fix.

I have an addictive personality, so if I tried cocaine, I probably love it. If I tried meth, I'd probably love it too, so for me, I have always stayed away.

Nikki

• free2beme
    free2beme
    It is everywhere. It is possibly the worst drug out there, mostly due to the fact that its cheap, and you don't have to grow it you cook it. I thought you might be from Oregon when I read 'Meth' because that is the state where the epidemic really took root.

The town in Oregon I live in is called Medford ... due to the Meth problem, it is often called Methford

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i used to do alot of meth. i also sold it. most people don't realise who are addicts to this. alot of my customers were soccer moms. it is the "perfect drug" for them. it makes you not want to eat, have limitless energy, and you get alot more done. the nazi regime invented it for this purpose. to march troops with no food non-stop for days. it feels great. then, you see the dark side. it truly wrecks your life. i am considered a laid back easy going guy, when i was on that crapt, i was a complete jerk. if someone looked at me funny, i'd beat them up. literally. i was a jerk. not to mention, it ages you so quickly, kills your kidney's. PLEASE PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM METH. i speak from experience, it will ruin you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit