METH. It is every where and like a plague

by free2beme 59 Replies latest jw friends

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Nowman, I too have a very close GF who was a heroin and meth addict. She had to go thru rehab and she knew that once she got out that she would have to have an all new environment. She moved away from where she grew up, she made all new friends and started a career. I suppose that is how we became friends, as I was part of the new crew. I am fortunate to have her as a friend. It was not til years into our friendship that she told me about her addiction. She also told me that she still craves it some times. I give anyone huge credit for kicking a habit like this, as it has got to be pretty tough and is a life long struggle.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i've been meth free for over 5 years AND STILL CRAVE IT!!!!!! it never goes away. i won't say all drugs are bad, and, in moderation can be fun. but, meth and crack are by far the worst.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

I just saw on the news about a dad trading sex with his 12 year old for meth...

People that use meth are not to be trusted.

• poppers
    poppers

There is evidence that Hitler was a regular meth user thanks to his personal physician Theodore Morell. He received many injections a day near the end of the war of something that immediately revitalized his energy level - Morell referred to these injections as vitamins; their effect, however, followed what happens with meth use.. Correspondingly he became more and more paranoid, made decisions that were more and more disasterous, and his physical appearance rapidly deteriorated. Many experts who have examined pictures and film of him, examined Morell's private notes, and interviewed acquaintences believe he was hooked on meth. It makes one wonder what would have happened had he not used the stuff, if in fact he did.

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

With all those ingredients how could it not hurt you, it's surprising that people would even consider consuming such a product

these kind of drugs are a definite evil and so is alcohol.......these things can mess you up like religion

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

AHEM!! COUGH COUGH http://oas.samhsa.gov/treatan/treana13.htm#E10E41 500 meth deaths in the US for the last year reported (1996) Compare that to FIVE HUNDRED FARKING THOUSAND DEAD in the same year because of cigs. It's a red-herring; sad but the numbers are meaningless compared to the greater (and easily fixed) evil.

• watson
    watson

Apples and oranges, Amos.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Never heard of someone who smoked cigs, lossing their teeth and selling themselves for the next hit.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

I manage a resort in a very rural beachside community. When we moved here 11 years ago, everyone looked so weird. I chalked it up to being in-bred. Well, the sunken in look (sometimes yellow skin) was due to a high rate of alcoholism and meth use.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many people are effected by this drug. My bro-in-law is 44 yrs old and busy digging himself a tunnel in his closet because he thinks the Mexican Maffia is after him. He has drug induced scizophrenia (sp) from Meth use. Sooooo sad.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I received this today:

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/drugs/candymeth.asp

I can't copy the article here, but essentially pushers now have a form of meth that looks and smells like candy. Apparently they are trying to make meth seem less "drug like" and more fun like candy with a kick.

Parents should be aware of this. Claim: Drug dealers are selling colored crystal methamphetamine known as "Strawberry Quick."

Example:[Collected via e-mail, April 2007]

Drug Warning - Beware and please inform your children

Origins: This warning about sweetened and flavored forms of methamphetamine began landing in inboxes in April 2007. "Strawberry Quick" (or "Strawberry Quik," named after strawberry Quik, a powder used to make flavored milk drinks) was

One DEA agent reported a red methamphetamine that had been marketed as a powdered form of an energy drink. Says DEA spokesman Steve Robertson, "Drug traffickers are trying to lure in new customers, no matter what their age, by making the meth seem less dangerous." The colored meth has been described as resembling rock candy or Pop Rocks (a kid-favored confection that fizzles in the mouth), and because it looks like candy, officials fear it may fool children and teens into mistakenly perceiving it as candy (or perceiving it as a drug far less dangerous and addictive than it actually is).

However, while colored versions of methamphetamine that resemble candy are certainly available, whether the drug is actually being sold in flavored versions remains a subject of some dispute. (Police labs don't generally test drugs for flavoring ingredients, so at least some of the seizures of colored meth may have prompted statements about "flavored" meth that were based solely on the drug's colorful appearance.) It's also not clear that either coloring or flavoring is being added to meth for the express purpose of making the drug appeal to children. (It seems more likely that such factors, if present, are manufacturing errors, attempts at creating superficial 'brand' distinctions, or simply ways of trying to combat the substance's bitter taste.)

In April 2007, U.S. Senators Feinstein and Grassley introduced legislation aimed at increasing the criminal penalties for anyone who markets or makes candy-flavored drugs by imposing upon them the same enhanced criminal sentences handed down to drug dealers who knowingly sell to minors. The Saving Kids from Dangerous Drugs Act would alter federal law from its current state of requiring doubled (or tripled for a repeat offense) sentences for those caught selling illegal drugs to those under the age of 21 to imposing doubled or tripled sentences on anyone who "manufactures, creates, distributes, or possesses with intent to distribute a controlled substance that is flavored, colored, packaged or otherwise altered in a way that is designed to make it more appealing to a person under 21 years of age, or who attempts or conspires to do so." No longer would a dealer have to be caught red-handed in the act of selling to an under 21 for the doubled or tripled sentences to kick in; under the proposed refinement to current law, simply possessing flavored versions of street drugs would be enough. Also, by the lights of this rewriting of the law, manufacturers of flavored drugs would also be subject to doubled or tripled sentences.

There is one bit of good news in all this: Methamphetamine use is down for much of the country for the second year running. Researchers say it appears this latest meth epidemic reached its peak in 2004 and 2005, and data from the federal government shows the number of first-time meth users has steadily declined in recent years.

Let's hope that Strawberry Quick doesn't serve to reverse that trend.

Edit: Ha! They might be able to prevent me from selecting the text, but not so tough about copying the source HTML!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit