Why did you leave the org?

by A-Team 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I HAVEN'T LEFT, ALTHOUGH I'VE NOT BEEN TO A MEETING IN SEVERAL WEEKS. I'VE SPENT ABOUT 8 HRS. A DAY ON THE "EVIL" INTERNET FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS, NOW I'M TRYING TO SORT EVERYTHING OUT. THE FIRST WEEK I WAS TOTALLY FREAKED OUT. THE WHOLE U.N./N.G.O. THING WOKE ME UP, THEN THE HORROR OF THE "SILENT LAMBS" COMPLETELY SICKENED ME. I'VE ALWAYS HAD MISGIVINGS ABOUT THE FDS, NOT BEING ALLOWED TO RESEARCH OUTSIDE OF WHAT IS PROVIDED AS SPIRITUAL FOOD, AND THE CRITICISM OF ANYTHING CLOSE TO AN INDEPENDANT THOUGHT. I FEEL LIKE A ZOMBIE WALKING AROUND IN A SURREAL TWILIGHT ZONE.

SO, I'M READING LIKE A MADWOMAN, AND PRINTING AND HIGHLIGHTING AND FILING LIKE A "CONSPIRACY THEORY" LUNATIC. UP UNTIL THE LAST FEW DAYS I'VE BEEN IN SHOCK AND DENIAL. NOW I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF I CAN EVEN PRETEND I'M STILL CLUELESS JUST LONG ENOUGH TO GET THROUGH THE CONVENTION. IT HAS HELPED TREMENDOUSLY TO KNOW THAT I AM NOT ALONE. THIS IS MY FIRST POST AND IT IS LIBERATING.

• ninja
    ninja

hey awake and watching....you have woken up ....woo hoo...welcome sis...your wee scottish mate ninja...who is also awake

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

Welcome to the forum A&W .....yes the inter-net does have some useful info on the WTS., the back ground on the organization, it's formation

The information is insightful and thought provoking to say the least

Was it corrupt devious men who were power seeking opportunists or was it the real god setting up his earthly organization......ummmm.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Welcome to JWD AWAKE&WATCHING!

Your experience was similar to mine with one major difference. You mustered the courage to start posting much sooner after waking up from the WT slumber. Good for you! You will find it very therapeutic and will meet alot of great people, except for a guy named ninja. Watch him carefully.

Very best wishes to you sis!

Nvr

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

THANK YOU FOR YOUR "WELCOME". I DID NOTICE THAT NINJA MAY BE TROUBLE! LOL ANYWAY, IT IS NICE TO NOT FEEL ALONE AND BE ABLE TO SAY WHAT I THINK. THANK YOU ALL FOR THAT.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

You are sooo not alone A&W. Speak your mind freely and experience the unconditional love that is in no short supply here on JWD.

Enjoy!

Nvr

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Hi A&W,

Welcome to the forum. And welcome to the rest of your life! Once you know the truth about the "Truth," there's no way you can dedicate your life to the Watchtower Society. I wonder, have you had a chance yet to read the book Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz? Very important! Hope you'll stick around. There are a lot of great people here to turn to for support.

One little suggestion. On the internet, typing in all capital letters is the equivalent of shouting. But, don't worry, we're not upset about that.

Dave

• icyestrm
    icyestrm

Sorry that I missed it. Thanks bluebell for the welcome. I really enjoy reading many of your experiences. Hope that my fade goes good because I don't want to get DF in the process. If I did, I can't pursue others to fade also. :D

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Welcome to you too icyestrm!

Best of luck to you!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

And yet another shout out... oops! another thank you. I have of course, been shouting, at least on the INSIDE, for weeks now. None of it meant to be directed at any of you. I am feeling quite at home, so thanks to your information, I'll quit yelling at everyone.

I haven't read any books yet. "Crisis of Conscience" is # 1 on my list. I've only surfed the net, any suggestions would be appreciated. There's a lot of stuff out there, my head is just beginning to stop spinning.

Should I be at all concerned that I immediately submitted to your suggestion of a different typing style? Am I not meant to be the rebel I've become? L O L

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit