Why did you leave the org?

by A-Team 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I realized that everyone was brain dead and I was fearful of losing mine...........

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Jehovah told me to leave or was it the other guy Satan, jeez I can't remember, well anyways it was one of those dudes

That one too.

BTW Brain Dead, welcome to JWD. I'm gonna like your posts.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I left because they were trying to make sure I would never get the opportunity to mix with the opposite sex. It showed in specifically targeted rules that they would make up, the behind-my-back attempts to ensure that I would be rejected by the sisters at the assemblies, the counsel to just meet other men, and that they would make sure I would be sequestered from any sisters that might show up at the meetings. And they made rules that I would not even be able to get a ride back from the Hell from a sister unless a brother was also present.

Of course, the other things helped. I got tired of being told that it was OK and being promised that it would work out. I got tired of going out in service and watching everything good getting methodically pruned from my life. I got tired of having to give talks and pretend everything was OK when it was not. And they even had the nerve to try to order me to do all the other things listed.

So, one day I did the Sin Against The Holy Spirit. No, it wasn't looking up an apostate Web site or reading apostate material. I weighed the costs against the benefits. And I found no benefit. This is what I came up with:

(1) The Tower was wrong and I stay in: Wasted time and life.

(2) The Tower was wrong and I left: I would get back the time I had to waste on meetings and save the resources I wasted on attending functions. What I would miss out on was all the blah.

(3) The Tower was right and I stay in. Stagnation--ultimately, I would get in and find out that it is all men. Eventually I would find out why, and realize that the women all died because of me. Specifically I drove them all away from life, and now I have to live forever with all men. Puke!

(4) The Tower was right and I left. I would die, and the sisters would be able to live without my polluting them. True, many would die because I had been associated with them. But I wouldn't be there to have to wish they wouldn't have had to associate life with my being there.

With those options, I saw that, whether the Tower had the truth or not, it was always better if I did not stay around. That is why I ultimately decided to fade out. The only hard decision was whether or not to send a disassociation letter explaining this or to let them waste their time worrying about me (which they will find out if they see my Christmas tree go up this fall). Due to the misrouting of many of these disassociation letters and that they would likely not make a dent in making them feel the guilt for a change, I opted for the waste of their time.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I'm an MS and just go through the motions, my wife is gungho and "taking it easy" at the same time.

trouble and doubts started years ago when I was told I could not read the watchtower because I did not read it exceptionally (must have also tried reading out loud at home at least 3 times!). At the same time it was OK to do #1 talks, service meeting stuff, and sunday talk (yeah 45min..... in which took 2 months to do research). what hipocrites!.... after 4 months on waiting on Jehober, I asked to be taken off the public talk list.

there are many stories to tell.

Another big one happened when I got struck by natural disaster. All watchtower said that JW's help each other when in need. Well to make a long story short, if were not for the Red Cross, local protestant church, FEMA, insurance and Bank account. my property would be mud!!!

When my brother did not get baptized, but chose to marry in the world, this overzealot was telling everyone (except my mom, and I to face) that he sinned against the holy spirit!.

trying to take it easy, and praying for the fall of this evil org.

P.S.: by the way, I have not contributed one single penny in 8 years +. eff'em!

• icyestrm
    icyestrm

When my father died it affected me. Instead of encouraging me in a tough situation these loveless hypocrites told me to focus on the ministry and forget about my father. Wait on Jehovah. Wait until I go into the ground? No way! There was also a racist double standard in my congregation where white MS can make major mistakes and the elders didn't care. When I made a mistake, they were all over me like a pack of hyenas. I also thought it was strange to call strangers 'brother' and 'sister'. Would my real brother or sister hurt my feelings intentionally or purposely lie about my personal life? For the past 3 years at the DC, I had to endure hearing talks from the shady businessmen aka GB. If we get another one, I just take a nap or daydream. Much more interesting than the garbage spew out by the FDS.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I am pleased to see that many people have had the insight to see through the sham surface of the cult to the lies and manipulation beneath and that they are not there to serve the interests of their followers but to the contrary to subject their followers to their own interets.

They developed an amazing ability to twist biblical verses to justify and legetimise their self serving and harmful actions.

• zack
    zack

Because they're evil.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul
    I'm fading, my reasons are there is just no place for the chronically sick, like me, ........., they just get left by the wayside, there is no real love in the org.

The above describes me. Most witnesses speak of love, but are no different than the world. When they become sick, they want mercy, but can not give it to others Also, my grandfathers death, (born 1906) and the1995 new light, "This Generation" is over 100 YO. The teaching was a lie, a falsehood and many glossed over it. They never admitted WE were wrong. We are forced to EARN salvation, there is NO GRACE.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I HATe funeral talks. No mention of the person is made. It is JUST a field service presentation.

This is disrespectful enough to leave in itself.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hi a-team,

Were you DFed, did you find out some lies about the org?. What was the last straw?

i DA'd. the roots of my suscpicions go deeper than starting to find out lies, because the seeds were buryied in my mind under hundreds of thousands of years of brain evolution. when i googled "jehovah's witnesses" i began learning about the actual dishonesty with the borg (and ultimately much more), and the seeds germinated. the first and last straw for me regarding the WTS has always been evolution, and it's independent existensial/philosophical implications on the literalist (i mean, they ultimately come from The Church!) borg doctrine. and i set my mind upon the genetic chain of causation and realized that Jehovah God would have to have been, at best, a lazy programer. on the spot i basically become a deist. and after reflecting on the possibilty (absurdity?) of a lazy programmer god ("in the beginning was the command line"), i also realized that i had by definition become an atheist, because even if i thought it was possible that we are the simulation of a lazy programmer somewhere, i certainly no longer believed in Jehovah (literally). i think that may have happened over the course of a few beautifully painful hours. peace, tetra

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

My "last straw" was a busy body book study conductor. It got to the point I had to make up excuses as to why I had missed a meeting or service. Sure, I already knew by then that it wasn't the Truth, but I could have stayed on for social reasons if the WTS didn't expect production quotas from Witnesses. So, I got off the theocratic treadmill. Yes, I'm just lazy.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit