Why did you leave the org?

by A-Team 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A-Team
    A-Team

Were you DFed, did you find out some lies about the org?. What was the last straw?

• R.F.
    R.F.

I'm still an active JW but i'm on the verge of fading out. I got tired of the hypocrisy, started doing research on doctrinal points that never sat right with me.

• free2think
    free2think

I'm fading, my reasons are there is just no place for the chronically sick, like me, or older people, they just get left by the wayside, there is no real love in the org and hearing about all the sexual abuse cases really solidified my doubts.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Lack of love, help and support at a time I needed it.

Shook me so much that I saw "Jehovahs loving organisation" in a different light.

Led me eventually to do research, and learning the "truth" about the Watchtower, its history and teachings.

I eventually disassociated.

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

There were several reasons why I eventually left. But the final straw was when I started going to college and the elders and "friends" gave me a hard time about it. When I asked the elders, several times, to show me where it says in the Bible that I shouldn't go to college, they couldn't. So they all gave me the cold shoulder and I left...

• R.F.
    R.F.

There were several reasons why I eventually left. But the final straw was when I started going to college and the elders and "friends" gave me a hard time about it. When I asked the elders, several times, to show me where it says in the Bible that I shouldn't go to college, they couldn't. So they all gave me the cold shoulder and I left... Of course they can't show you biblically, but you know that anything the Governing Body says viewed as the Bible.

• RR
    RR

Why did I leave? I'll never tell!

RR

• ninja
    ninja

got caught smashing the KH windows by the PO....cue me getting pulled home to my mum by the ear

• ninja
    ninja

truthfully though....it's hard to find out you're right when the whole kingdom hall is wrong

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Why did you leave the org?

I didn't like Jehovah's Witnesses. Jehovah's Witnesses didn't like me. Leaving was the logical thing to do.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit