Why did you leave the org?

by A-Team 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wobble
    wobble

I would add Warma, just like any other (organized) religion, full of error !

Love

Wobble

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Because there is absolutely nothing in this group that is right. They have everything wrong about the Bible, about life in general, everything. They have not a single shred of evidence to support any of their doctrines, and are totally incapable of proving anything that they teach.

They also have several members that are real bastards. And that's not cool.

sooner7nc

• Wordlygirl
    Wordlygirl

I left because I was bored out of my skull and I saw so much hypocricy. I also never forgave many of them for the horrible comments they made about my dad when he left. He did not go and protest against them or talk bad about them, and yet they had to assign names like apostate, evil slave and hater of God. He is a wonderful dad and has always been there for me which I can't say that for most of the JW side of the family.

Wordlygirl

• NINfan05
    NINfan05

my dad is an elder, who i thought i could trust with a big personal family issue. he in turn told his best friend ( also an elder ) the whole thing. then his friend told his wife who in turn told a COUNTLESS amount of people. It turned into a HUGE mess. When I found out about it, i called my dad who denied telling anyone. I asked him "Daddy do you swear on Jehovah?" He said of COURSE! I then said " Daddy I know you are lying. So-in-so just called me and told me that they heard all about what I told you"

Then it was like complete silence. He didnt know what to say, he was caught in a lie. And a huge one at that. I had a really hard time for a LONG time dealing with him lying to me and even SWEARING on Jehovah's name with him being an elder and all. My mom even told me that I needed to forgive and forget and get over it. Hello, how am i supposed to have any faith in ANY elder if I cant even trust my own FATHER!!! I had been before a judicial commitee before and it just makes me think that everything i ever said in that meeting was never confidential and everybody knows about it...

Anyway that is how my fading slowly started..which followed by seeing people i used to talk to at meetings in public places and having them completly ignore me. i mean that really hurts!!!

• asilentone
    asilentone

I did not like to attend 5 meetings a week.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Dishonesty over evolution--read the Creation book then looked up the references and just about had a breakdown over how much was taken out of context and/or twisted to mean something totally different than what the speaker intended. Then I discovered the UN fiasco and got angry. Started researching, especially the 607 nonsense and was stunned at the extent of the intellectual dishonesty. Haven't technically left, though--still doing a slow fade for the sake of family, like so many here.

• wobble
    wobble

There have been other threads like this, and it never ceases to amaze me that nearly everyone has a DIFFERENT primary reason for leaving, if it were anywhere near the truth , we would all have to choose the same reason, I think "sooner7nc" has hit the nail on the head, EVERYTHING is wrong with it.

Come on Reniaa, tell us we are so wrong, show us where JW's have anything approaching the truth.

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit