MAJOR UN/WTS NEWS- UN LETTER & 1992 Press R...

by hawkaw 589 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Hawkaw,

I'm back and i wish to thank you
    for the latest addition about this thread.

The documentation, the explanation and now the letter

sent to all the WTBS branches!!! It looks like they

are runing to cover...but as it is written " the cover

it is short.." So no matter how they pull it...they'll

remain in the cold.

Here in Western Europe the news are spreading very fast

and many more will come to know about all this matter.

To Zev: Thanks for posting your letter and the " envelope"

Great for everyone to see.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

P.S. Chasson, merci beaucoup, pour les traductions
    et le lien. Un excellent travail.
    Salutations.

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Kent has posted "Oh Happy Day's" letter from the local WTS Branch at his web site and on another thread. I have decided to post it here just incase people are looking for it. Kent has provided a translation at his http://watchtower.observer.org web site as well as if you look above Oh Happy Day has also provided a translation of the letter. Well done folks. Just move your cursor onto the image, right click your mouse and then save the image to your hard drive.

hawk

WE'RE ROLLING!!!!!!!!!!!!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Over 18,000 hits and still going strong.

hawk

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

thanks for your comments.

From Tatiana:

"…Seems to me if this was truly the case, an announcement would have been made in the Watchtower at the time the WTBTS signed up. If, as they say, the joining was to stand up for all brothers and sisters human rights, it should have been loudly proclaimed as a "good" and necessary cause ten years ago. "

A truly good and thought provoking observation.

Thanks Tatiana for sharing it with us.

Hawkaw : Thanks for the Portuguese’s letter.

A good proof of double talk !!!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

P.S. I’m still waiting for ...answers to my letters.

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

I posted this to another thread, but now I see the scans of the WTS letter are also posted here (I haven't visited this thread for a while. This new board format is a pain.)

Anyway, in response to the WTS branch letter a few posts up:

As usual, when I see "..." in a quote coming from the WTS, I run for the original source. Check this out.

Here's a quote from the WTS letter:

-----
    What is an NGO? A non-governmental organization (NGO) is any non-profit, voluntary citizens’ group which is organized on a local, national or international level. ...NGO’s perform a variety of services and humanitarian functions, bring citizen’s concerns to Governments. ...Some are organized around specific issues, such as human rights, the environment or health. Their relationship with offices and agencies of the United Nations System differs depending on their goals, their venue and their mandate.
    -----

Here is the complete quote from the source document:

-----
    What is an NGO? A non-governmental organization (NGO) is any non-profit, voluntary citizens' group which is organized on a local, national or international level. Task-oriented and driven by people with a common interest, NGOs perform a variety of services and humanitarian functions, bring citizens' concerns to Governments, monitor policies and encourage political participation at the community level. They provide analysis and expertise, serve as early warning mechanisms and help monitor and implement international agreements. Some are organized around specific issues, such as human rights, the environment or health. Their relationship with offices and agencies of the United Nations System differs depending on their goals, their venue and their mandate.
    -----

Hmmm, does "theocratic warfare" permit the WTS to misdirect their own members, as well as "the enemy"?

So in time of spiritual warfare it is proper to misdirect the enemy by hiding the truth.

At all times they must be very careful not to divulge any information to the enemy that he could use to hamper the preaching work.

(quotes from The Watchtower May 1, 1957, pages 285-286)

I think it's great to see the WTS quoting from the UN DPI-NGO brochure. This is the second letter from the WTS I have seen wherein they refer to this document as an authority on the UN-NGO relationship, which it is. This very same document says the following, regarding the criteria and responsibilities of associated NGOs:

-----
    "Share the ideals of the UN Charter"

"Have the commitment and means to conduct effective information programmes about UN activities..."

"The Department of Public Information and NGOs cooperate regularly."

"NGOs associated with DPI disseminate information about the UN to their membership, thereby building knowledge of and support for the Organization at the grassroots level."

"This dissemination includes: Publicizing UN activities around the world on such issues as peace and security, economic and social development, human rights, humanitarian affairs and international law; Promoting UN observances and international years established by the General Assembly to focus world attention on important issues facing humanity."

"...undertake to support the work of the United Nations and to promote knowledge of its principles and activities..."

"Have the commitment and means to conduct effective information programmes about UN activities..."

"...disseminating information and mobilizing public opinion in support of the UN and its Specialized Agencies. Association with DPI constitutes a commitment to that effect."

"Associated NGOs are expected to devote a portion of their information programmes to promoting knowledge of the United Nations' principles and activities."

"In addition, they are expected to keep the DPI/NGO Section abreast of their activities by regularly providing samples of their information materials relating to the work of the UN."
    -----

TS,

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Also, wanted to add these links to the "big thread":

( http://www.geocities.com/watchtowersociety/beast.htm
    ( http://www.geocities.com/wts_rides_the_beast/Awake112298.htm
    ( http://www.geocities.com/wts_lies/Awake112298.htm

TS,

Edited: note, all three links have the same content.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Trev,

What you have posted is just awesome.

I can't understand why more haven't picked up on this.

Well done and thanks for moving it over here.

hawk

• chasson
    chasson

The Portugal Bethel's letter in french:

http://www.chez.com/tjrecherches/portugal2.htm

Bye

Charles

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

WE'RE ROLLING!!!!!!!!!!!!

bttt

• zev