MAJOR UN/WTS NEWS- UN LETTER & 1992 Press R...

by hawkaw 589 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

You need to keep in mind that these guys know the difference between an active Witness and a 'troulemaker'. They see alot of mail and know who is who.

Your letter was good, but probably the paragraph toward the end used terminology that would suggest that you are not presently a Witness, yet the surrounding paragraphs use terminology that suggest you are, therefore giving away that you might be behaving "deceptively".

I thank you in advance for helping me to reconcile this apparent contradiction of beliefs, taught and published by you and generally held by all the Jehovah's Witnesses vs. your relationship or association status - as Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York, with the
    United Nations.
    After all, it is still clear in my mind, when I personally , to my family and in private , in the congregation and even publicly , I did refer to the "…United Nations as ' a scarlet-colored wild beast ' that is the image of Satan's bloodstained political system…"
    Unfortunately, the average Witness letter will likely be very basic, almost dumb. So if you phrased your question with Witness-like simplicity, you would have gotten too simple of an answer. Being informed and very specific, you make it difficult for them to dictate the content of their reply because you have listed specifically the questions you want answered. But this is good though.

I doubt this person will correspond further by email, but he has stated that he will address you if you write him, so I suggest doing that, and doing so in the near future by means of registered mail or courier.

As far as identifying you from what you write here, it is unlikely they can admit anything that would give away that they monitor sites like this. Further, if they do monitor these sites, such monitoring would be limited to a very few persons and most likely that would be for purposes of 'strategy' in determining where we are going with issues like this.

Path

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

As you nice folks are aware, we have posted on this thread scans of the Hoeffel letter, the DPI directories for 1994 and 1999-2000, the UN press releases for 1992, the annual accreditation documents, the 1968 Resolutions 1296 and 1296 and numerous other documents.

Well... I have located the 1994 and 1997 UN "Brochures" published by the UN on the relationships between DPI and NGOs.

I have scanned the 1994 edition and have sent it to Kent and others. Shortly Kent will post it on this thread for you guys to copy.

Please note the importance of this brochure. The WTS has been suggesting that the criteria "changed recently".

This 1994 brochure (now over 6 years old) is yet another nail in the coffin that shows that the Watchtower had to adhere to a critera that required them to VOLUNTARILY SUPPORT THE UN CHARTER and the UN. Just a few short years before 1994, the Watchtower, as an existing NGO, voluntarily applied (back in 1991) and was accredited by DPI (in 1992) as an "associated" NGO.

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

While waiting for Kent I just have to share one of the 1994 Criteria for those NGOs "associating" with the DPI.

. can prove, during the initial two years of association with DPI, that they support the United Nations by featuring U.N. information in their publications and outreach activities
    Wow - can you believe that .... It's right in the 1994 brochure .... I am reading it as I am typing it .... like Wow .... they proved themselves ......

So, the WTS not only voluntarily agreed to "share the ideals of the UN Charter" but they also ...

voluntarily agreed to PROVE

... their support to the United Nations.

Wow - like what can I say.

hawk

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Hawkaw,

these few lines to congratulate you with

these recent " d i s c o v e r i e s "!

To say they are great...it is not enough.

You can be sure everyone will make good use of them.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hawk,

I think I'm in LOVE !!!!

That is so great....

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Pathofthorns,

Thanks for your excellent analysys of " my letter " to brother Philip Brumley.

(or better stated a modified form, of another posted on this forum)

Please find here below, my comments:

1* You need to keep in mind that these guys know the difference between an active Witness and a 'troublemaker'. They see alot of mail and know who is who.

By now, most of us are aware of this, but thanks for the reminder.

2**Your letter was good, but probably the paragraph toward the end used terminology that would suggest that you are not presently a Witness, yet the surrounding paragraphs use terminology that suggest you are, therefore giving away that you might be behaving "deceptively".
    quote:
    I thank you in advance for helping me to reconcile this apparent contradiction of beliefs, taught and published by you and generally held by all the Jehovah's Witnesses vs. your relationship or association status - as Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York, with the
    United Nations.
    After all, it is still clear in my mind, when I personally , to my family and in private , in the congregation and even publicly , I did refer to the "…United Nations as ' a scarlet-colored wild beast ' that is the image of Satan's bloodstained political system…"

I cannot help if in the end it might give that impression, after all we have to
    be always very cautious. This principle should be applicable to all of us.

3***Unfortunately, the average Witness letter will likely be very basic, almost dumb. So if you phrased your question with Witness-like simplicity, you would have gotten too simple of an answer. Being informed and very specific, you make it difficult for them to dictate the content of their reply because you have listed specifically the questions you want answered. But this is good though.

As you can imagine, the letter has no other purpose that : - to receive a logical,
    factual and truthful answer/answers to the questions asked. I do agree with you
    that sometime - a simple - but by no means good and reasonable letter will get
    the usual sterotype answer… - smoke - !!!

4****I doubt this person will correspond further by email, but he has stated that he will address you if you write him, so I suggest doing that, and doing so in the near future by means of registered mail or courier.

I can assure you that this is my intention, I've already prepared the letter and
    I'll post it. I do mean post by REGULAR mail service.

5*******As far as identifying you from what you write here, it is unlikely they can admit anything that would give away that they monitor sites like this. Further, if they do monitor these sites, such monitoring would be limited to a very few persons and most likely that would be for purposes of 'strategy' in determining where we are going with issues like this.

I do agree with you, we are monitored but in a specific well aimed way …
    As some would state: " …to feel the pulse "!

I'm sure that many more will write to the WTBS representatives or directly to
    the Society, and we'll have more material to ponder over.

Thanks again for your attention, and your pertinent comments,

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

While we still wait for even further
    developments ,on the same subject, allow me to quote
    from a recent publication: whose title, in bold is :

" Effort to Oust Vatican from UN "

with two pictures , one showing a

"Vatican official addresses the UN " with the mention

"UN/DPI Photo by Sophie Paris "

and another picture showing the UN's building

with many flags…flying to the wind, and the mention

"UN photo 143-936/ J.Isaac"

Now for your full delight some of the text:

1" The Rome based news agency Inter Press Service (IPS)
    reported that " an international coalition of more than 70
    non-governmental organisations (NGOs) has launched
    a campaign to oust the Vatican from the United Nations."

Another part:

2" Why does this group of NGOs, which by the end of April
    last year had increased to 100 organisations worldwide, object
    to the Vatican's position in the UN? Because the Vatican, the
    NGOs argue, is a religious authority and not a political state."

Let's go to the last paragraph of this article:

3" According to Ms. Kissling, " the appropriate role for the Vatican
    is that of a NGO - the same as all other NGOs representing Muslims,
    Hindus, Buddhist, Bahais and other religious organisations." The
    coalition wants UN Secretary -General Kofi Annan and ultimately
    the UN General Assembly to conduct an official review of the place
    the Vatican occupies within the world's largest political body."

This last paragraph ends the 1 page long article.

I'm sure that as you were reading it, many thoughts run across
    your minds, starting for ex. from the fact that :

°this article touches ONE of the major topic on the
    JWD 's board and think, it is just over a year ago,
    that this matter has been published ;

°it mentions clearly the NGOs and gives the meaning of the
    abreviation, without shade of doubt;

°it freely uses UN/DPI photo archives and it very specific
    concerning names of the UN officials responsables;

°it gives ample proof , quoting Ms. Frances Kissling, president
    of the Catholics for a Free choice, saying that there are many
    NGOs representing Muslims….Bahais and other religious orga-
    Nisations;

°as a contrast no mention on any NGO representing the
    Watchtower Society or any other "sister" corporation or
    the worldwide " brotherhood " of the Jehovah's Witnesses ;

°amusing that when things gets hot, the Secr. Gen. And
    the UN General Assembly can " .. conduct an official
    review …"

°very interesting , the article refers to the United Nations
    as :"…the world's largest political body" !!!

I know that you have been patient with me…now here is the
    final information, that complete my post:

the article is from - Awake ! 22nd October 2000 page 31 -

Now, I'm sure you wish to share your comments with the
    rest of us here.

Greetings for now, J.C.MacHislopp

P.S. Thanks again for your patience.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I'm still stunned - wow -

THE WATCHTOWER AND ITS LEADERSHIP HAD TO PROVE THEIR LOYALITY TO THE SCARLET COLOURED WILD BEAST

I can't believe it and I am not even an ex-JW or a JW.

WOW

hawk

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Mc says:

"the article is from - Awake ! 22nd October 2000 page 31 -"

Now that is really AMAZING!!!!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    I know that you have been patient with me…now here is the
    final information, that complete my post:

the article is from - Awake ! 22nd October 2000 page 31 -

MacH.

The article that talks about the UN being the world largest poitical body was in an Awake! rag. Holy $h!t.

This day has been full of suprises. Come on Kent publish those 10 pages on the board for us.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit