DO THE MEMBERS OF THE GB BELIEVE THEIR OWN PROPAGANDA?

by nvrgnbk 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

From Franz I get the impression they do not all agree on all doctrine, so they know that some of the doctrine is wrong. However, it seems they all think that "there is nothing better" and "where else would someone go?"

• glenster
    glenster

- They claim to be picked from a literal 144,000 of the most righteous Chris-
    tians out of billions from nearly 2 millenium.

They lost me already. Anyway...

- They use a dozen or whatever distinctive rules which can't be based on
    the best evidence and reason about them or they wouldn't be distinctive enough
    (the ban of the medical use of blood, 1914, Jesus must be archangel Michael and
    the Ante-Nicene fathers thought so, too, Satanic Civil Service dentists, Satanic
    Mother's Day, Satanic Christmas, etc., banned for being too worldly and pagan
    connotations, etc.).

- Catch 22: you have to lie to make those rules look like guarantees. (invisi-
    ble Paul's writings on food, invisible Jesus, invisible reason for Stephen to
    not say "I meant Michael" and make the others drop their rocks, invisible early
    Christian history books, invisible scriptures on worldliness beyond it meaning
    to not believe in God and that you shouldn't lie, steal, etc., invisible way to
    make sense out of it being weak in faith to worry about pagan connotations
    for things, 1 Cor.8:7, and claim to be of an especially strong of faith 144,000
    at the same time, etc.). Fortunately for pulling off the scam, these things are
    obscure to most people.

Lying about their own past isn't a recent thing.

The first one I think of for Russell is that he taught Jesus meant you
    shouldn't take wars, etc., as a sign of impending Armageddon. A little after
    WWI broke out earlier than his two Oct. prediction dates, he about-faced and
    pretended he predicted something.

Keeping the focus on the leaders, it's like asking if Peter Popoff really
    thought he was getting messages from Jesus through the radio transmitter in his
    ear his wife talked to him through. It's especially cynical when someone like
    that keeps up the pretension knowing some threw away their nitro glycerin and
    insulin pills when he told them to, or some died over the ban on the medical use
    of blood or unnecessary rules about worldliness in Germany (the 1st JWs went to
    prison camps after Rutherford threatened Hitler to leave his JWs alone or he'd
    put criticisms of Hitler in the tracts) or Malawi, or it even just breaks up
    friends and family.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I am so happy to find you all ! I just joined a few days ago. I actually started jotting down a few notes so I could refer to some of your brilliant comments but there are so many I can't possibly do it. I do have to mention that I am totally stealing the "emperor's new clothes". Beautifully said. Apparatchik? What a great word, I had to look it up. People with brains that use them. Now I'm no rocket surgeon, I'm sure I am at most only of average intelligence, but I will tell you this: I WOULD MUCH RATHER BE WITH PEOPLE THAT USE THEIR BRAINS EVEN IF THEY ARE WRONG, THAN GOSSIPERS PRODDED LIKE MINDLESS CATTLE.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Here's one for ya AWAKE&WATCHING:

I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Lovin' it ! Can't wait to use it.
  • greendawn
    greendawn

My opinion is that they know damn well that most of their doctrines are wrong and that they are out to cynicallly exploit their members though they pretend that they don't. But by an act of self delusion they erase this evil side of their org from their memories and pretend that they are what they (falsely) claim to be.

The whole system is one of manipulation and exploitation, none of them can posssibly miss that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit