DO THE MEMBERS OF THE GB BELIEVE THEIR OWN PROPAGANDA?

by nvrgnbk 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Nvrgnbk..It depends on whats convienient..What more can you expect from the Insane and Power Intoxicated??...OUTLAW

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Insanity?

I'll buy that OUTLAW.

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Are they afflicted by delusions of grandeur?

Or do they cynically laugh at the rank and file?

Hey nvr. I'm convinced that most of them no more believe they are Jehovah's Mouthpiece (to borrow a Rutherfordism) than they believe the Pope is infallible. These men are lifelong apparatchiks. At some point in their middle years, when they realized they were simply involved in a control cult, they also realized they had wasted their youth. Their choice was then between starting over at a late age or cynically moving ahead to rescue what prestige and security they could from their wasted years. I'm nearly fifty-four and it's a frightening prospect to face such a massive change of life direction, let alone admitting one has wasted ones life.

Only apparatchiks would be able to rise to their level. Only men who no longer have any ideals but are solely motivated by ego and ego gratification could ever rise to such positions of power. If they had any ideals left ("We're the one true religion! Jehovah speaks thru us!") they would have balked at the doctrinal gyrations and flip-flops, and would have been shunned as was Franz. Franz was probably the only member of the GB who had not entirely lost his soul, so to speak. Idealistic people are "troublemakers" and the GB would have weeded them out as they moved up the ladder. (Or down the ladder, it's a matter of perspective) That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! Martin

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

They mimic their god. They are pragmatic men. They will do what is required to keep running 'God's Business'.

Orators or businessmen they might be but they are not spiritual men anymore than Jehovah is a 'spiritual God'.

They are not bothered with personal happiness of others or piety or being nice, I just think they believe God's got a business to run.

However, I suspect God's busy doing other things.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I think I would be able to reach a more certain conclusion if I had a background in psychology. It seems to me that there might be some psychological issues at play with the men running the show that complicate the matter, perhaps megalomania or delusions of grandeur. Does anyone with a background in psychology care to give their opinion?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I'm no psychologist, but I'm beginning to see a complex profile of a GB member emerge, based on a composite of all the posted replies thus far.

1.Some delusions of grandeur accompanied by a cynical, pragmatic self-preservation.

2.Of an age group where one feels it is too late to start life anew.

3.So deeply invested, on every level, in the power-structure that to leave it appears absurd and extremely frightening, no matter what the facts in the mind tell one to do.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm sure they are TRUE BELIEVERS to some extent. Read up on cults again and you will find this is an aspect of them. Eric Hoffer's book on true believers is another good source.

I do feel there might be a TRUE LIAR or two amongst them based on some acting in a way privately that belies their counsel to others.

Blondie (a true believer for awhile, left when it was evident staying required too much lieing to non-JWs)

• TopHat
    TopHat

They might have believed 30 years ago....but as time goes by they are becoming less and less sure they are right. It shows in the wording of the Mags.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    ..Do the members of the GB believe thier own Propaganda???..Of coarse they do!!..Untill it`s inconvenient!..Then they don`t!.....If you still believe it,you will be causing division in the congragation.You will be "Dis-FellowShipped" for that!.....Welcome to the WBT$ Insane Asylum!!.. ..LOL!!...OUTLAWCrazy Eyes

My vote is on Outlaw. His answer makes the most sense about the discombobulated lunatics.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    They might have believed 30 years ago....but as time goes by they are becoming less and less sure they are right. It shows in the wording of the Mags.

Excellent observation TopHat! Very true!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit