DO THE MEMBERS OF THE GB BELIEVE THEIR OWN PROPAGANDA?

by nvrgnbk 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

Knowing a little bit about how the GB works thanks to Raymond Franz tells me their decisions have more to do with maintaining the status quo, than in seeking out the truth. I am sure the legal department has outlined the reasons why the blood transfusion doctrine has to go. They are working on getting out of that mess right now. The pedophile lawsuits that were settled is further evidence that it's all about staying afloat. No, I don't think they believe the 1914 crap any longer, but they feel justified in lying to the dubs- the lowest of the low don't deserve to know the reasons behind their decisions. They aren't hiding anything either from them- the facts can all be found on the Internet now. 20 years ago it took a brave JW to seek out the facts and do research about the WT Society- why, you had to talk to a real live apostate to figure stuff out!

The brothers in the writing department are the real villains. They write articles that have known falsehoods in them, but they are just following orders.

• Mary
    Mary
    Are they afflicted by delusions of grandeur?

To a great extent, yes. They've made themselves equal to Christ and have grown so used to people around them kissing their asses and showing them undue adulation, that they are unwilling to relenquish their power and authority, even though they are certainly aware that there is absolutely no historical or biblical basis for them being chosen by Jesus to be His mouthpiece in 1918-19.

When men get drunk on Pharonic power like these guys have, it's not too long before they believe their own propaganda, shutting out any doubts that contradict their views---even if those doubts come from their own mind. The Governing Body is most certainly aware that many of their doctrines are erroneous, yet they stubbornly cling to them for fear of upsetting the applecart and hence their power. When someone believes that they have a special channel to God that the average person doesn't, it doesn't take much for them to start screwing the R&F over in order to preserve their prominence and position. To them, the end justifies the means.

George Bush is another perfect example. He knows there are no WMD in Iraq and he knows he lied his face off to the world saying that there were. He claims to have a direct line to God and God told him to invade Iraq. Does he actually believe this? Quite possibly. To him, the fact that his lies have cost thousands of lives makes no difference. The end justifies the means.

What's that saying? Absolute power corrupts absolutely? You bet it does.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Awesome replies moshe and Mary!

And everyone else for that matter.

I hope the bastards read this and wake up.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

I hope the bastards read this and wake up.

Nvr

Didn't you mean Awake up?..........I know it was bad!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Nvr

Didn't you mean Awake up?..........I know it was bad!

Hey kerj! You deserve a 10 out of 10 just for the effort.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

As individuals, no I don't think they do. As a group, yes.

I'm sure when they were appointed to the GB they were excited with the prospect of feeling Jehovah's active force guiding them. Then like the Emperor's new clothes they just play along. Personally they don't feel moved by God, but the person next to you does, so you act like you are too so play the part. Eventually everyone sees each other naked but insists they see marvelous patterns and rich fabrics to hide their own shame.

On a personal level I think they rationalize that if they keep working towards "God's true way" eventually God will start working through them.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    As individuals, no I don't think they do. As a group, yes.

I'm sure when they were appointed to the GB they were excited with the prospect of feeling Jehovah's active force guiding them. Then like the Emperor's new clothes they just play along. Personally they don't feel moved by God, but the person next to you does, so you act like you are too so play the part. Eventually everyone sees each other naked but insists they see marvelous patterns and rich fabrics to hide their own shame.

On a personal level I think they rationalize that if they keep working towards "God's true way" eventually God will start working through them.

Deep answer parali. You've said alot there. Much truth there.

• BFD
    BFD

Good question, Nvr. I have often wondered about this and just came to the brilliant conclusion: I don't know. But, if they do not then they are truly evil men.

It helps reading what others think about it.

Thanks.

BFD

• 5go
    5go

Of course they do depends which face your talking to.

• Watkins
    Watkins

I've wondered a lot about this too. I'd come to an earlier conclusion, from all the 'evidence' that the men at the top just have to know it's all lies, but still go along with the wts game plan. Why? - maybe because it's all they know and don't allow themselves to look further? That would mean that there are some pretty evil people in high places. I had a discussion about this on another forum with Don Cameron, author of 'Captives of a Concept', because I was incredulous that no one in the upper management had a clue... Don's a very nice guy btw - and he's convinced that in order to maintain a semblance of uniformity, they truly must be mislead by the concept that they are 'somebodies'/the F&DS. So he thinks they don't have a clue and are more or less brainwashed into really believing it lock, stock and barrel. I find that hard to believe, and yet, I don't want to say matter-of-factly that yes, thay are all evil men and they know they're doing evil... that doesn't seem right either. When I still thought the wtbts might be God's Org., and possibly might have some 'evil slaves' in their midst, I pointedly asked a CO about that - and he emphatically denied it, pointing to some revelation Rutherford had about the evil slave already being tossed out, and now it's a 100% clean organisation... um, right... so my question went unanswerable.

The people in the writing and art departments surely only write and draw what they're told, and I'm certain it all goes through a chain of approvals before any ink hits a page... But so much is obviously SO wrong - so who's to blame? I used to try to assign responsibility for this mess to someone, but I'm past caring now. Somebody somewhere knows... but it's not me. So my new conclusion is like so many others - I just don't know. It is what it is and I can't change it, so I left it behind and moved on. (but it still chases me around sometimes!)

~Watkins~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit