Did anyone ever actually go out in street work at 5:30 AM?

by WTWizard 30 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
  • Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Yup.

W

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Yes. I needed the hours when temporary pioneering.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

(Hopefully this one won't post without getting the message up.)

Feb 2004 Kingdumb Misery insert. The insert "suggests" that we have meetings for street work at 5:30 in the morning and after school at 3:00 PM. This seems dumb. Especially street work at 5:30 every morning. Imagine living in a quiet town like Antrim, NH. You get out at 5:30 in the morning, arrive at the Kingdumb Hell, and then find your territory. Where are you going to find people at that hour in the morning? Or when it's a Sunday morning (or a holiday), and it is freezing cold, raining or snowing, very windy, or some or all the above. What makes them think there's going to be huge crowds of people in these small towns on those days just waiting to take the Craptower magazines?

The other thing: Who is actually home around 3:00 PM? Children have homework to finish, for crying out loud. The last thing they need is to have that last time taken up by service. After all, many parents are still at work. Some are taking children to soccer games. They don't get back home until 5:00 PM, and sometimes much later. I noticed that when I went in service: either you get them early in the morning, after 6 PM, or on a holiday weekend. Not at 5:30 AM street work or at 3:00 PM door to door work!

• R.F.
    R.F.

Didn't do 5:30, but I did 6:00am alot. When it think back it's quite funny to see 5 packed tightly in a small car, or 7 or 8 packed in a large SUV or van just so everyone could get there time in and not have to get out much.

• Amber Rose
  • neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I've got one better for you. One day when I was a regular pioneer I just couldn't sleep. So I got up around 4 in the morning and went out to service by myself. I handed out tracts and magazines at local gas stations and such. I needed to get my hours in. It always bothered me how we were forced to go out in service just to keep the hours up.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Absolutely !!!

When aux. pioneering, we went to the train station and or street corner at about 5AM.

I've put in 14 and 15 hour days sitting on the same bench or alternating on the corner "to get the time over with."

It was pretty cool to get the 60 hours (at that time) over with in 4 days.

Rub a Dub

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Sadly, I have.

I actually did it alone a few times. Boy did that suck!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Quite often while pioneering, I left home at 5:30 AM and met with another pioneer at 6 AM. I found that there
    were many people out and about even on weekends. Of course, very few wanted to slow down, but we thought
    the important thing was doing the work. People in a hurry were like those in Noah's day who "took no note."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit