Did anyone ever actually go out in street work at 5:30 AM?

by WTWizard 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Nowman
    Nowman

Yes, train stations mostly...laundry mats, breakfast places, we would only go to places like these, not people's homes...

Nikki

• Gopher
    Gopher

I feel like such a slacker. When I was auxiliary pioneering, I would get out on the downtown streets by 6:30.

It always helped to have a fellow JW nearby to talk to, so you could just hold up the magazines while conversing with the other publisher. I didn't place very many that way, but I got my time in.

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Yeah, I am sorry to say I did downtown at the center of the city near a bus stop. This was during auxiliary pioneering a few times. My service was never blessed with a study because I had not totally confessed to the wise elders all dark secrets or else I wasn't trying hard enough. I could never justify to Jehovah why I was not pioneering. I was always on a royal guilt trip.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Yes... Did 24 hours days - all nighters too (Especially on August 31st)....

• done4good
    done4good

I attempted this once or twice when I auxilary pioneered. Come to think of it, I only tried that once or twice. Definately sucked.

j

• lawrence
    lawrence

Yes. What a self righteous bastard I was. I had to give the dead worldlings the message, whether it ws 5:30 a.m. or 11 p.m. I had all the answers, and everyone needed them; regardless of the time. Hah!

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Ya my brother used to do that. I remember waking up early to pass by the shopping mall and he would be standing there holding the Awake magazines. Most people would walk by and say " I am Awake!"

• Poztate
    Poztate

I used to go out every Sat morning for a couple of hours before the group met. The only area available to myself and my new wife was a very seedy area of a large city. We stood and paraded the magazines before the alcoholics,drug addicts,mentally deranged and the homeless. More than once I feared for our safety.

In looking back I think ALL of those people had a better realization and understanding of what life was really all about than what we did living in our WT bubble.

• brinjen
    brinjen

No, local council placed a ban on street witnessing

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

unfortunately yes... and it was terrible... also did it a few times from like 10-3am

the infamous one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit