Did anyone ever actually go out in street work at 5:30 AM?

by WTWizard 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

So many times! I recently saw a man standing in front of Wenchell's at 2:30am, alone in the dark. I asked him for a buck to catch a bus and he gave it to me. I really needed the buck too.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Yeah, I got up early to go out a few times. Gas station work with an Aux. pioneer.

I did go out by myself once, and found a nice busy doughnut shop to stand in front of. All of the people that I spoke to were very pleasant and I placed some literature.

I used to enjoy going out and talking to people. My problem was always GETTING out, not staying out.

Warlock

• greendawn
    greendawn

Back in the 1980's when I was a dub this is something I had never heard off. Perhaps this started after I left or it is specific to America. One has to be very dedicated to get up so early to work for the ungrateful org.

• puck
    puck

all the time. we had a group of people all around the same age who went regularly. laundromats, gas stations, hospitals, etc. i kinda liked it (compared to door-to-door), because you didn't have to talk to many folks -- just leave the magazines and get out.

• blondie
    blondie

We used to go to airports depending on the flight times. Also, JWs went to the train stations to NYC where people left as early as 5 am. JWs have called on 24-hour businesses in their area as well.

Got to get that time in to qualify for privileges or to make your hours. Now how many hours a month did the apostles have to put in?

Blondie

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Yep, on a regular basis.

Dumb ass that I was.

• uninformed
    uninformed

When very young in North Little Rock Arkansas we used to do a lot of streetwork, but a little later, bout 7:30.

However in Austin Texas at the South Cong. we used to get out at 5:30 on Wednesdays and do early morning irritation on old age homes and gas stations as well as convenience stores.

Lot of driving, not much preaching about the WT.

Brant

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Did anyone ever actually go out in street work at 5:30 AM?

It's the best time. You're not likely to run into anyone you know.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

In all the years of growing up a JW, we only went once to downtown Dayton to street witness. Nobody ever did that in our area.

• 38 Years
    38 Years

Oh yeah. Gotta get those hours in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit