Sister-in-law attempts suicide

by golf2 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock

My heart does out to you and SIL, Brother Golf.

This happens all too often in "the truth".

I wonder why? Too bad they don't. They never put two and two together, concerning this issue.

Warlock

• golf2
    golf2

Right on Gumby. Doing any type of service for this society is NEVER enough. My son and I and went to visit her this afternoon and we still have to wait to hear how things will turn out. She is 57 years of age. Another brother from the north (Canada) will arrive soon and her daughter from Holland.

Her side of the family (not witnesses) has certainly put some blame on her religious beliefs.

We can only hope and give comfort to the family.

Golf

• JH
    JH

This is very sad indeed. I'm sorry Golf, and hope you find the strength to go through these rough times.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Poor thing, it sounds like she was serious. I hope she can get the help she needs. I would think she needs some heavy medication for some time and therapy.

The medications will probably come easier than the therapy. I work with Juveniles who attempt suicide and the last juvenile I spent the night at the hospital with, told me that I gave him better advice than any of the doctors, therapist he's seen in his 16 years. I'm not blowing my horn, I'm not a counsellor, I am a detention officer. I'm saying that good effective counseling will be hard to find.

Her survival would be enhanced if there is somebody who loves and cares about her. And she can find a goal or a reason to live.

• golf2
    golf2

Jaguarbass, without question she will be under medication and probably institutionalized. I just got of the phone with my oldest son (10:00 pm) and I told him that Joanne just called and she wants to finish what she started. She wants to see me. Tomorrow I will share this info with her intimate family. What a sad case scenario.

Thanks for your comments.

Golf

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

((GOLF))

I so hope she makes it, and finds her way out of her unhappiness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit