Sister-in-law attempts suicide

by golf2 45 Replies latest jw friends

• golf2
    golf2

My sister-in-law tried to take her life this afternoon. It still remains to be seen if she makes it through or not. Though a witness, she's had many bad experiences in life. As a child (not a witness then) she was often visited by a 'blob', some creature from the unknown.

She was raped at 16. She's had a bad marriage experience and is in the throes of getting a divorce. Her husband and his daughters did not make life easy for her. She has two of her own daughters and they are reliable.

She is very 'guilt' ridden and wanted to end her life. She slashed her throat and pierced her breast twice missing the heart by a fraction. When such incidents happen within your own family, it only solidifys what the witness program does to people.

48 hours will tell if she survives or not.

Golf

• sf
    sf

Well Wishes

sKally

• ringo5
    ringo5

It is always so sad to hear when this happens to anyone, regardless of religion. I hope she can pull through and get REAL professional help to help her get a better perspective.

Hoping to hear she does.....

Ringo5

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

wow - your poor sister. And you and her kids must be really suffering right now. I am so sorry and I hope she pulls through and has a second chance for a happier life.

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Best wishes on her recovery

• delilah
    delilah

Oh Golf..........I'm hoping and praying that she survives and has the chance for a better life. How terrible for you all.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sad news. She really gave it a try. If she survives, i hope things get better for her.

S

• Es
    Es

You are your sister in law are in my thoughts.

Im sorry for your SIL

es

• Heather
    Heather

I'm so sorry to hear your story. I found my mom a few years back half dead on her bed after she downed a bunch of pills...i got her to the hospital and they pumped her stomache.....I'll never forget the panic of finding her that way.....she was reproved and she doesn't speak to me much anymore. Her resoning for doing such a thing....she found out the her husband, my step-dad...walked in on me in the shower on purpose. That and she knew she didn't have grounds for divorce. She ended up divorcing him anyway.......she doesn't plan on marrying again.....yuk

Once again i'm so sorry for this tragic event......I hope she pulls through and gets better

• restrangled
    restrangled

Golf, I am so sorry. If she got as close as you say....she meant business, she was past calling for help.

It makes me wonder how long she did call for help in the WBTS system and was ignored. They all are so ignorant of pain.

The answers are horrible, more bible reading, more service, etc. etc.

I am so sorry your are going through this, but I am grateful she has such a wonderful brother-in- law that cares enough to help see her through this terrible time.

Take care.

Love, r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit