Isn't God Awesome?

by Perry 450 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vinny
    Vinny

ODRADE SHOWS UP AGAIN AND SAYS:...."At some point the mods are going to realize that he's only interested in a flame war and he will BWAHAHAHA his way to a ban".:::I agree, I wonder why he's still here?

• Vinny
    Vinny

oops, sorry for the double odrade post.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>Of course parellpsos%&^$## (what kind of name is THAT?)

Paralipomenon is another name for the books of the Bible called "Chronicles", if I'm not mistaken. Which I very well may be.

Dave

• Vinny
    Vinny

Either way, it's a tough name to have to quote and quote again.

sorry par.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>I have examined all sides of the issue thoroughly.

I glanced thru your post and this phrase caught my eye.

While not believing in Intelligent Design, I can explain its premise and give examples of what they use as evidence. Can you explain the premise of evolution thru natural selection? Can you provide examples of the evidence used to support it? I'm not asking for a recitation of Evolution 101, just hit the basics. I ask because I seriously doubt your claim that you've 'examined all sides thoroughly'.

If you find that you can't explain what it is that you don't believe, it might not hurt to run thru some posts from SeattleNiceGuy. He spent several hours putting together some simple examples of evidence for evolution, and in so doing, explains some of the mechanisms by which it is thought to have occurred. After reviewing them, could you summarize the evolutionist's arguments? I'm not asking you to refute them, only to summarize them so it's clear that your earlier quoted assertion is accurate.

SNG's last article is here: The Panda's Thumb (His previous articles are linked at the bottom of that post)

Thanks for your time.

Dave

• Vinny
    Vinny

ROUND TWO FOR ABADDON:

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>Christ threw out the money changers. Christ exposed the hypocritical religious leaders. Christ exposed their false teachings. He called them blind guides and offsprings of vipers and other things similar because they were just that.

But Dude, he was Christ. Can you show any examples of imperfect Bible Heroes that laugh derisively at those that disagree with them? I don't recall Jesus ever doing so, either.

I don't get people that are rude, then defend their rudeness. I'm rude sometimes, but when called on it I apologize. I don't understand the "it's ok for me to be rude" 'tude. (And imagine how absolutely stupid you'll feel if you ever come to the conclusion that you're wrong?)

Dave

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

AA Check out 1 kings 18, Elijah taunts VERY amusing !

steve

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>AA Check out 1 kings 18, Elijah taunts VERY amusing !

You're right! I forgot about ol' Eli and his disappearing sacrifice trick! Yep, that's a very good example. "Where's your god? Perhaps he's on the potty and is delayed?" Yeah, classic!

Of course, when he was done, the sacrifice disappeared. He'd've appeared quite the ass if Jehovah hadn't come thru.

Dave

• looseend
    looseend

Vinny, check out this site and try explaining that there isn't evidence of evolution.

http://www.archaeologyinfo.com/index.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit