Are you: Disfellowshipped; Disassociated; Irregular: Memorial Attender: N

by mtsgrad 53 Replies latest jw friends

• penny2
    penny2

I have faded. Still associate with JW family - as long as I don't influence the kids in the family I won't be shunned. Yes, I know the rules. I hope by my example, they can see there is an alternative.

• zack
    zack

A friend of mine recently asked me not to become "one of those people" who show up only for the Memorial,

I assured her it woulod not be a problem since I plan on no further memorials.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Fader - I stopped going for good back in 1997, so I'm looking at 10 years now! Wow, time has flown by.

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

Sacc...

I stopped going about 10 years after graduating. Was baptised (or still am) for nearly twenty years.

Wow.

mtsgrad

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

I am so sorry about your experience. Sadly some brothers get a high from judicial committee. How are you and your daughter now?

mtsgrad

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

5th generation daughter of an elder and daughter of a former pioneer. Grand daughter of a presiding overseer. Grand daughter of a regular pioneer. Neice of 2 regular pioneers. Neice of another presiding overseer. Cousin of a presiding overseer. Cousin of a Bethelite... AND..... DISASSOCIATED NEVER GOING BACK FLAMING EX-JW AND EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT IT!!! (oh and a member of a Baptist church .. hahahaha)

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

faded and inactive... and i no longer support a number of their beliefs.

• esw1966
    esw1966

I was disfellowshipped twice. EACH time I wanted to go back thinking it was 'the truth'.

The second disfellowshipping made me investigate my beliefs so that I could make them stronger and NOT get df'd a THIRD time! In my research, I discovered it to be in error! I now see them as ones who will say lord, lord, did we not....Get AWAY from me you workers of lawlessness.

I am now 'born again' and go to two community churches each weekend! I LOVE it!

Much success to you!

Ethan

• zanex
    zanex

Disfellowshipped....and have the emotional scars to prove it...(got some physical scars from it too but thats not relevant..)

-Z-

• MR. BORN AGAIN
    MR. BORN AGAIN

Grew up in a witness household but never got baptized, THANK GOD!!! I still would attend meetings here and there until I finally seen the "new light" about the TRUTH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit