Recommend a car

by Simon 73 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    Ford Fusion (AWD and I like the idea of v6 3.0l although it's dearer)

I LOVE mine!!! I bought my 2nd one 2 weeks ago. I've never had a sweeter ride. I highly recommend them.

• dobbie
    dobbie

Hubby has a Ford Focus he really loves it i guess compared to other cars it seems cheap (though it still seems alot of money to me!) it has been really reliable and very good for braking, road handling etc and very comfy. I have a Ford KA, probably best if your'e little like me and if you don't need to get much in the boot!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I just bought a Toyota Prius hybrid. It gets up to 60 MPG in town and I just filled up the tank for the first time it was like $27 (I had an SUV before this and filling the tank was painful every time)
    So far I love it, in the long run it should save me a lot of money that I've been flushing away at the gas station (with that other vehicle I had). If I had known how much I'd like it, I would have gotten it much sooner.

• abbagail
    abbagail

MsMcDucket said:
    "I had always tried to buy "American" cars. Imagine my suprise when I was told that my Dodge Colt was really a Mitsubishi product! I loved that little car!"

------------

AUTO MEMORY LANE...

heehee, well how about that, Ms.McDucket! One doesn't hear about Dodge Colts very often! I also owned a Dodge Colt, 2-door automatic, light blue w/white half-vinyl top. Bought it brand new 1972 at the dealership for around $3,000, and drove that baby all over the country and back, several times, for 12 years. NEVER had a problem with the MITSUBISHI MOTOR, but the interior began falling apart two years later in 1975:
    * the "plastic" seats cracked and had to use seat-covers for the next 10 years;
    * the radio died around 1976;
    * the A/C died around 1977 but I was living in the Rockies so no A/C needed at the time;
    * the body promptly began to rust away when I moved back to FLA in 1980 and by 1984 - when it was 12 years old and the engine was still running great, it had become a rust bucket. Every time it rained -- and it rained a LOT -- there were puddles on the flooboards, the entire trunk was full of water, the steering wheel literally dripped from the inside moisture, etc.

I actually had the rust repaired and the car repainted in the early 1980s, and it looked shiny and fantastic... but it still was wet inside when it rained. Amazingly some high school kid wanted it and bought it for like $850 in 1984. And I DID tell him about the rust, but he didn't care.

So... my point is: The ENGINE was GREAT. The BODY & INTERIOR (Dodge/Plymouth) didn't hold up for squat. I was sold. Never again would I buy an American car (once I learned the Colt's engine was Japanese) and I never have. Toyotees for me baby! Love 'em! I've had a loaded Cressida, and a Corolla. Hoping my next will be the Camry... if they will make it in a decent color... ;-)

(Oh, before the Colt I had a brand new yellow Ford Maverick 1970-1972, cost around $2,200 back then. And even though it was brand new, it broke down ALL THE TIME. It would incessantly stall out right in the middle of intersections and scare me to pieces. It was a major hassle taking it to the Ford dealer all the time and, of course, they always said they couldn't tell what was wrong with it. Truly a Yellow LEMON! Never again would I ever buy a Ford, and never have. Can't convince me. I hear they make good trucks, so maybe so. But no thanks anyway.)

--------

I hate to be a sell-out, now that I know about outsourcing, etc. and the purposeful destruction of the American "middle class," but I just can't do American cars. Been there, done that, and it never worked out well.
    /ag

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit