Recommend a car

by Simon 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Whatever you buy, look up the closest Krown Rust Control Center, and have your car treated. Refuse the dealer package, as it's a rip off.

For what it's worth.

Stealth

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'd recommend the Toyota Corolla #1 or the Honda Accord. Last I checked the Corolla was the worlds #1 selling car. That means a lot when it comes time to repair it work on it or sell it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Anything but a FORD.

FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily

• rassillon
    rassillon

I vote for the subaru, I owned one and it was a very good car. I have driven several awd subarus and they handle very well.

If I moved north that is what I would be getting.

• VM44
    VM44

I also recommend looking at a Toyota. Very reliable.

--VM44

• Scully
    Scully

My dream car is the Chevrolet Equinox. That's my next vehicle. I promised myself.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

We bought a used 2006 HHR for our daughter (well we're making payments). It's got all the bells and whistles, except for a sunroof top! The car dealer says that all of their wives are driving it (could of been a sell's pitch).

2007 HHR 2LT

2LT

HHR2007 2LT: Starts at $19,395*

Highlights:

• jgnat
    jgnat

By the way, you are about to discover a delightful side-product of Alberta weather. Cars don't rust so fast out here. Too dry. DO wash the salt off in the winter though.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, I do like the Japanese cars ... they seem to have much better reliability and specs.

The north american auto industry has taken a beating lately but it seems Ford at least is making a come back with some of the recent models (like the Fusion). They really had to though.

I guess we should also look at VW too and other German makes ... not sure how much they go for over here.

One thing I like abot Subaru is that you get a "Car", even with the base model. So many other have a low 'starting from' figure but once you add essential extras like ABS (wheels and engine, LOL) you are soon up several thousand $$'s

Even a decent version of a small car (like a Toyota Yaris) ends up at $22k+ once you have ABS and the like added and I think anything like that should be standard.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Anything but a FORD.

FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily

Jgnat, we loved our Fords. Never had any problem with them. I hated to give up our Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab for the handicapped accessible van, but hubby needed the handy van!

Oh yeah! The twins had a Ford Focus. A man ran into the car with one of those big old oldsmobile (sp?). The car was damaged beyond repair, but my daughter came out with minor injuries!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit