Trolling Apologist vs. Informed Apostate - WHO IS MORE LIKELY TO CHANGE?

by BizzyBee 122 Replies latest jw friends

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

true christianity is interested in nothing but serving itself... JW or not.. and what r u doing on this site, wouldnt your elders be upset???? and nevermiond the elders, jehovah might get angry at you for reading something not created by the WTBTS!!!!

the infamous one

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

i am constantly amazed at the caring of so many of you kind folks.

• lola28
    lola28

i am constantly amazed at the caring of so many of you kind folks.

Rosalee, welcome to the board, whether you are an active witness or not you still have every right to be here. Enjoy.

Lola

• jgnat
    jgnat

I echo the sentiment, welcome.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Rosalee states:

Christendom broke away from that when they refused to regognize Jesus' enthronement in 1914. True Christianity is still dedicated to serving Jehovah.

Well, this may prove interesting. Remember all the awake magazines that said that without a doubt the generation that saw the things happening in 1914 and were of an age of understanding would by no means pass away until the end came, then the generation that was merely alive in 1914 would not pass away, then the meaning of generation was changed in 1995?

Well, eventually, the 1914 doctrine itself will have to be done away with, kinda like the 1935 --the end of the heavenly calling-- but wait! The number of annointed just keeps getting larger so now there must be "adjustments" to this doctrine. When the 1914 date of absolute "truth" begins to waver, maybe Rosalee will begin to feel differently.

I remember twenty five or so years ago a sister telling me she "Knew it was the truth because the number of annointed went down each year." I wonder if she is remembering her words today as she sees the number increase each year.

By the way, I am not df'd or da'd either. But I can't overlook the false prophesies, UN involvement, Beth Sarim, cadillacs owned by the big cheese Rutherford, etc. How about the other house they owned--the one with the bomb shelter? So much for Jehovah hiding them......

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

Quandry:

with all due respect, i doubt very much that you left the organization because of any of the points you listed. would you really have us believe you left off because one of our members rode in a caddy!!! bomb shelters were the talk of the town at one time ... big deal!

anytime a statement that was issued and needed changing, the society stepped up to the plate and did so. the times in the early 1900s was a completely different era than the age of super technology we live with today. they were getting their land legs and have been very much blessed since then.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hm. Land legs. The same could be said for the foundation of ANY new religion. The only difference I see is that the WTBTS claim to be the most mostly right religion on the planet. Also, consequences for disbelieving them is death, according to them.

I'd rather put my trust in Jesus. His words are far less changeable and much more sure.

• Frank75
    Frank75

frank, i agree Christianity has always been dedicated to God. Christendom broke away from that when they refused to regognize Jesus' enthronement in 1914. True Christianity is still dedicated to serving Jehovah.

Nice one rosalee. Are you sure you aren't Third Witless's latest incarnation?

You sure know how to step around a simple bible discussion centred on facts in favor of spouting rhetoric from the WT Corp.

Actually, in 1914 the Watchtower taught that Jesus was enthroned in 1874. They predicted something completely different would transpire in 1914. The dubs didn't "regognize" Jesus invisible enthronement changed until many years later.

1889 "The ‘battle of the great day of God almighty’ (Rev 16:14) which will end in AD 1914 . . . " (Studies, Vol. 2, 1908 edition, 101).

1891 "With the end of AD 1914, what God calls Babylon, and what men call Christendom, will have passed away, as already shown from prophecy" (Studies, Vol. 3, 153).

1894 "The end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble" (WT Reprints, 1-1-1894, 1605 and 1677).

1897 "Our Lord is now present, since October 1874 AD" (Studies, Vol. 4, 1897 edition, 621).

1916 "The six great 1000 year days beginning with Adam are ended, and that the great 7th day, the 1000 years of Christ’s reign began in 1873" (Studies, Vol. 2, p. 2 of foreword).

1917 "Scriptures . . . prove that the Lord’s Second Advent occurred in the fall of 1874" (Studies, Vol. 7, 68).

That makes your religion "false teachers" for saying it happened in 1874, and apostate for not "regognizing" it with the other churches in 1914 by your definition.

2 Peter 2:1 " However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among YOU. These very ones will quietly bring in destructive sects and will disown even the owner that bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves

You have been mislead my dear child!

Now back to whether you are Christian or not, truly dedicated to God or the Watchtower. Matt 18:15, why not blow us away with your WT logic.

Frank75

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Bizzy Bee:

i have absolutely no interest in discussing the Beth Sarim history with you.

I understand. Let's put it on the "don't want to think about it/talk about it" shelf.

Beware of putting too many things on that shelf, Rosalee. That's what I did when I was a JW - then one day the shelf got so heavy it came crashing down.

And here I am!

Carry on.

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

frank:

no need to blow you away ... yet.

that scripture speaks for itself. i don't see any problem ... why would you?

you can drop the alanf act anytime ... not impressed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit