Trolling Apologist vs. Informed Apostate - WHO IS MORE LIKELY TO CHANGE?

by BizzyBee 122 Replies latest jw friends

• Frank75
    Frank75

in Matthew 24:45 Jesus told us he would appoint the F&DS.

This is just another text that proves the JW's can be convinced of anything, just by a suggestion from their corrupt and arrogant leaders. If only dubs would look again at that scripture without their rose colored glasses on.

NWT Matt 24:45 "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings.

Jesus asked a question that in no way justifies a hierarchical arrangement among Christians, he never made a case that such a person or "FDS class" of persons was appointed by him over other Christians, any more than Christian individuals are mina coins or cities as in similar stories. The illustration tells a story that harmonizes with Jesus teachings that is easy for the human mind to grasp. Faithfulness, modesty and diligence will be rewarded by wise masters. If a human master would show his appreciation by rewarding such merritt, then why wouldn't God?

JW's forever resort to use slight of hand when citing texts like this as they focus on the later appointment at the return. The pivotal appointment occurs at the departure of the master not at his return, which is a constant feature of Jesus illustrations. During that absence the slave shows his discreetness and faithfulness by taking care of his fellow slaves. Serving them would insure the masters interests would be ultimately cared for. The fact that this slave lowered himself to take care of the others ahead of himself is in keeping with other statements made by Jesus such as the first coming last and the last coming first or the least becoming greatest. This is the opposite with the Watchtower where you have 6,000,000 domestics serving the self appointed slave and not the master!

In the illustration of the ten minas the pivotal appointment is at the Masters departure as well. The Watchtower lords it over their brothers and employs guilt, hair splitting application of the mosaic law, and binding up impossible loads so that members either leave or get kicked out as the WT puts 1000's to death every year. Like the slave in that illustration, they do not see the master as merciful, loving, kind and compassionate, rather they see him "as an exacting and demanding man".

Even by their own acknowledgment the WT leadership falls well short of the major requirement in the text, namely the first appointment.

More important, the Watchtower appears more like the evil slave who treats the other slaves with contempt and harshness, because they perceive the master has delayed. In order to have that perception there had to be an expectation of his return at a specific time. After almost a dozen failed predictions for the masters return the Watchtower religion has become progressively more ruthless in its treatment of its membership. The only love that exists in this so-called discipleship is conditional. Conditional love is not love at all, and I wish we could come up with another word for it.

There is lots more that can be said about this scripture, and lots of questions for Rosalee to answer. But she would not take the time to read it, nor would she change and start answering questions.

Frank75

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

***in Matthew 24:45 Jesus told us he would appoint the F&DS.
    it's because Jesus promised these ones that i have even more faith in Jesus.***

Hi Rosalee and welcome.

Jesus never identifies the FDS. He makes no promises. He asked his followers a question because men speaking twisted things would indiscreetly identify themselves as his brothers. Today we know those men as the Watchtower Society.

He asked a question at Matthew 24:45

“Who REALLY IS the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave IF his master on arriving finds him doing so.

Same question recorded at Luke 12:42

And the Lord said: “Who REALLY is the faithful steward, the discreet one, whom his master will appoint over his body of attendants to keep giving them their measure of food supplies at the proper time? 43 Happy is that slave, IF his master on arriving finds him doing so!

The operative word is REALLY because the ones who will boastfully identify themselves as the faithful slave are fakes, imposters. The faithful slave would be discreet, unpretentious, modest — not demanding unquestioning submission of his fellow slaves while usurping Jesus the Master's authority.

Another key word is IF. It says IF the master arrives, not WHEN. As jgnat already explained, it's a parable, not a prophecy.

~Sue

• Frank75
    Frank75
    betterdaze - Jesus never identifies the FDS. He makes no promises. He asked his followers a question because men speaking twisted things would indiscreetly identify themselves as his brothers. Today we know those men as the Watchtower Society.

Thanks for making a clearer and more concise summary of that text.

The only correction I would ask you to re-consider is what you say about the IF and what it refers to in the parable.

A master, rich ruler, or person of rank is consistently used in Jesus story telling with a long absence and then a return. In ancient times this was typical of nobles and kings who went off on campaigns that may have lasted years even a decade or two. Their return was when it happened and with little or no advanced notice. Jesus was still drawing on the same story line here. Even the prodigal son parable uses the long absence to examine the characters in the drama at the moment of return.

The IF does not connect in this verse with the return, but with the Slaves dispensing of his duties. If the slave fed his other domestics, took care of the household properly and did not let it go to his head then the master upon returning would naturally be impressed with the good report and bestowed a blessing.

Diligence in the absence of supervision is just not typically what happens. Look at what dubs have done in secret. They are not scared of being seen by God, Christ or the angels, they are afraid of being caught by the elders!

Even today when company owners like myself who went on a 3 year hiatus and left my company in the hands of a qualified employee with a minor stake (steward who was and still is a dub). Upon my return this man who had embezzled a considerable amount of money during that time and had alienated all of the other employees and salesman as well as putting that company in financial straights forcing me to put it in receivership. I did what was natural, I threw him out. The only thing that caused me to not involve the police was he was a "brother" and I thought a friend. Nor did I take him to the elders. Had I found the company in a good condition, I was ready to give him a large share in it, in essence "appointing him over all my belongings" as they related to this company.

In the receivership I ended up giving the customers and much of the remaining inventory and good will to an employee who conducted himself much more honorably.

Is it any wonder why many millionaires have left their fortunes to the Butler or even a family cat or dog instead of family or others who expected it?

Hope that casts another angle on your view of the text, while your assessment of the Watchtower arrogance is spot on!

Frank75

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit