Trolling Apologist vs. Informed Apostate - WHO IS MORE LIKELY TO CHANGE?

by BizzyBee 122 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Ahhh.........................Rosalee.................you are here..............will you answer my request (2nd time, BTW)..............? If you don't answer, that is revealing in and of itself............but, all good.............

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

Bizzy Bee:

They say persistance pays! Sometimes you may have to ask me things several times :)

The Beth Sarim history isn't the big deal you would like to project. I don't have to ask my PO or CO or anyone else. I am able to read and digest actual words and sentences.

Now maybe you'd like to throw in the UN debacle? DA and DF policies? Shunning?

Please do not trivialize my comments or try to condecend to me again. Thank you :)

• moshe
    moshe

It would be very hard for a KH to accept a known apostate back into the fold. Even after jumping through all the hoops needed to get reinstated the former apostate would never be trusted and I doubt he could keep his mouth shut anyway, if he saw something that wasn't right. It only goes one way for a JW that sees what is behind the curtain-

"MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark
    All the sweet, green icing flowing down
    Someone left the cake out in the rain
    I don't think that I can take it
    'Cause it took so long to bake it
    And I'll never have that recipe again
    Oh, no!-"

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Rosalee,

From what I read, I am surmising that you were once an apostate and then changed your mind, and went back to the organization because you had an ephiphany that it was the truth?

I could be way off base, feel free to correct me

• jgnat
    jgnat

Rosalee, I agree, Frank75's challenge is inappropriate. You don't need to defend yourself by exposing returned JW's, or confessing to the elders about your involvement here. On the other hand, your observations can in no way be verified.

Moshe: Even after jumping through all the hoops needed to get reinstated the former apostate would never be trusted and I doubt he could keep his mouth shut anyway

Very true. Which might explain rosalee's visits here. Rosalee, I do think you love a debate or two!

I guess we aren't all cut out for the life I've chosen.

I've heard this from JW's a lot. There seems to be an assumption that people don't chose the life because it is too difficult.

My wish is that all would see the truth and act on it. But it's an individual's choice.

This is dependent, of course, on your faultless conclusions. If you have found a counterfeit rather, then people should not follow you. I am curious, Rosalee, how you might explain away my involvement on this board. Do you consider me an apostate?

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

jgnat:

you are not an apostate. from what I've read you were never a dedicated, baptized Witness of Jehovah.

foundyour way:

i've never had an ephiphany.

moshe:

cakes can be baked again.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thanks for the quick reply, Rosalee. I'm off to work so I won't be able to respond right away. So if I'm not an apostate, and I have nothing to "return to", how do you view my involvement on this board?

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Let me rephrase my question, Rosalee

Were you once an apostate, and then went back to the organization?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    When they see the response of an active JW shoot down the false teachings seen here, they are reassured that they have the truth and leave this site.

Indeed. With all due respect rosalee, I've seen just the opposite. Do you know of a thread in which an active Witness successfully defended a particular teaching and proved the evil apostate wrong?

For example, I've debated Witnesses for years over the two witness rule regarding child abuse. The rule is not Biblical, illogical, evil and was put there only to keep victims of child abuse quiet. I've yet to see a Witness show otherwise.

For what it's worth, I agree with jgnat. You do not have to reveal anything about yourself and to do so would most likely cause you great harm. I think it takes a lot of guts to be willing to post here.

Chris

• Fatfreek

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit