Fun Video of xJW partaking at Memorial

by Namasti 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Odrade
    Odrade

Incredibly disrespectful and childish.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Let the JWs have their stupid ritual. The video is distasteful, disrespectful and helps confirm what JWs say about those who leave the religion. The best way to help anyone who wishes to leave the JWs is to show how great life can be outside of the cult.

No respect for those who show disrespect.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I gasped in disbelief. It was in bad taste indeed. I have no respect for the Watchtower organization per se. But they also have their right of worship. The shewcing gum and gulping was revolting.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

jayhawk1 nailed it. When I watched that video I had the exact same thought. I thought she was very juvenile and disrespectful. This is exactly the type of behavior that enables and empowers the persecution complex the JWs have anyway. They point to things like this and set them up as an example of how all apostates and ex JWs act.

She came across as a childish tramp.

She gives apostates and ex JWs a bad odor, I am personally offended.

A much more effective approach would have been to act with restraint, dignity, and seriousness, and to partake of the emblems. She not only disrespected all the JWs in that kingdom hall, but also the Christ himself. That charade was an opportunity for a real witness squandered.

I won't be buying her book, nor will I recommend it.

Peace \/

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    Perhaps her book sales needed a boost.

That's my theory here too. I think that not going, not letting them control your life, and living happily is a much better statement than these antics.

• seek2find
    seek2find

I thought about reading her book, but that Idea has been nixed due to my watching this video. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Disrespect is not an option for those who want to remain Christian. I felt that Ray Franz set a good example in "Crisis of Conscience" in telling his story and at the same time still expressing love and respect for some who chose to remain Loyal. I don't have the book any longer but I seem to recall him speaking fondly Of Lyman Swingle for one. To bad Brenda had to stoop to this level. seek2find

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Is Brenda a christian?

• vitty
    vitty

Why was she sitting there chewing gum, then slurping the wine? Does she do this ordinarily or was it a show? I just asked myself what was her point?

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

I wanted to add that after viewing this video, she has zero credibility with me.

Too bad.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

She hasnt lost any credibility with me, it was a practical joke Im sure, lighten up and have a sense of humor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit