Fun Video of xJW partaking at Memorial

by Namasti 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Paisley
    Paisley

It's disrespectful, yes, but not offensive. Thing is, she set out to be disrespectful, didn't she - wasn't that the whole point of the exercise? It's an organization that deserves no respect and the so-called Memorial Observance by JW's is a sham, and is in itself very disrespectful to Christians and to what Jesus originally intended, it seems.

That said, I found it pretty tacky but I'm sure I don't share her sense of humor. It wasn't funny at all; but not offensive. I don't know if Brenda threw in the low class gum chewing as an extra touch or if it's just something she naturally does.

I don't believe the stunt will prove to be effective in any way, but who can tell. Seems the wrong way to go about it to me. If she just needed to get it out of her system after being treated derisively herself within the Org, then maybe having done it will help her in some way, and that would be fine and good I expect.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Seems to me Brenda Lee wrote her book to help expose the JWs and perhaps help people get out, or warn others about getting involved. But what she did was not respectful, or dignified, or adult, or any of the things that might lend credibility to her motives. It was a juvenile attention grab, and what is worse, gives JWs something to point to when saying how unreasonable or deluded are the people who leave.

It is much harder to dismiss an x-jw who behaves with dignity, class, honesty and respect, than it is to dismiss someone who acts like Brenda Lee did at their very important event. Hell, I'm not a JW anymore, would not go to Memorial, view it as a distortion of Christian doctrine, not that it matters because I'm not a Christian... and her behavior leaves her credibility balance at zero with me. It was a stupid, ill-advised thing to do.

This is the most important celebration of the entire year to a JW. This is their Christmas, Easter, Birthday, New Year's and 4th of July, all rolled into one. It's the one holiday that even believing inactive ones respect so much that they make special effort to attend. Non-believing relatives go out of respect for their JW family. Save the antics for a time that they don't view as quite so holy.

I wonder how many people are now "proofed" for another long while to believe that "apostates" can say nothing of any value. The only thing she accomplished here was to hurt and horrify people who were trying to do the right thing. There were no well-thought-out arguments, no thought provoking questions, no dignified challenge to the seating rules. This was not peaceful protest, it was a stupid trick, an attention grab, action for the reaction.

• Namasti
    Namasti

Tuesday,

Do you have a comedy act somewhere. I surely would attend. I'm cracking up. How'd you come up with this stuff. No wonder you don't think Brenda's act was funny. You take it to a much higher level indeed. Can't see how you could possibly be offended with what she did after reading what you would try. Her stuff pales compared to yours by a long shot.. WOWOOEE. I'd pay big bugs to see your act. Enjoyed your comments. Laughed a lot.

Enjoyed everybody's thoughts on this. It made me realize that although we all share a common bond as XJW's, we see and feel differently overall.

Namasti

• Gayle
    Gayle

I liked it,,how disrespectful of the GB it is to tell 99.9% shouldn't partake (teaching the majority that they are not chosen). The film showed the obsurdity of the empty ritual. JWs insult Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit