Fun Video of xJW partaking at Memorial

by Namasti 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Namasti
    Namasti

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcoTE1Skw8A

I had fun watching this video. Brenda, who wrote the book, "Out of the Cocoon." does the unthinkable-- an apostate partaking of the bread and wine at the memorial. Oh Me---Oh My. You gotta see it. Peace and Joy to everyone.

Namasti

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Been posted already: consensus is it was a mistake.

What's Brenda Lee's forum name any way?

Slim

• Namasti
    Namasti

Don't know the name. What did you think of the video? What were some of the reasons for it being a mistake. It's something I've wanted to do but never had the guts.

• Numinous
    Numinous

Brenda really makes me laugh! The Rosanne Barr gum chewing, loud crunching of the bread, gulping of the wine...it would have been interesting to see the reaction of the people around her instead of the religiously correct wallpaper border we all know so well.

• mouthy
    mouthy

As I stated on the other thread (same topic) Very distastful in my humble opinion

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yeah I saw that, I thought, "good on her". If you're thinking from the point of view of trying to decruit JWs you'd probably disagree, but as I'm not interested in that, I thought it was a good thing for her to do. People take a while to get it all out of their system and she had the guts to go back in there and do some more purging. Not everything is about bringing down the tower.

• Arthur
    Arthur

I have an ex-JW friend who went to a Kingdom Hall for the Memorial where no one knew him. He had a little charade planned out for when the emblems came his way. When the bread came to him, he picked it up and raised it to his mouth, when he slowly turned his head to look up a the attendant standing over him. He gave the attendant a frightened look, slowly put the bread back down without biting into it, and gave it to the attendant with an "awe, gee-whiz" look on his face. He said that the attendant just gave him a coy chuckle.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

A more powerful statement would be to just stay home. I think it was a sad play for attention. Whatever floats your boat.

W.Once

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes I concur it would have been better for doubting witnesses and onlookers if there had been no gum chewing

• Arthur
    Arthur

I just now watched the video. I thought that her behavior was pretty juvenile. Perhaps her book sales needed a boost.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit