Time to make my thoughts known......

by R.F. 64 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

The dates 607BC, 1914 , 1918/19 and 1935 are LIES. propagated by evil men bent on ruling the world via the spread of cultism!!

• hybridous
    hybridous

'

No, the organization is far from perfect. But it used to be better. And will be again.

Pardon me, but exactly who authorized you to make such a prediction, and can I hold your feet to the fire, should it prove to be false?

You dismiss all these seeming peripheral points of WT life and doctrine, as if they don't matter. Problem is, the propagaters of this 'religion' claim these things DO matter, as certification of who exactly they ARE.

By your own admission, Jesus draws the line in the sand concerning who is a follower, and who is not. What do you say to those of us who experience the lack of love? Are we all liars....every one of us? Do the words of Jesus stop mattering, because they convict the WT religion, instead of validate it?

What you will find, eventually, is that if you are to serve Jesus and his Father, you will be forced to do so as an enemy of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. You will be forced to choose, as so may of us were. DO not discount us, because we happened upon the fork in the road sooner than you.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Snowbird thinks that information gathering is the path to enlightenment. It is not

Reply to barbiecon:

The dismissive attitude you display exactly mirrors that of the Watchtower Society. I find it insulting and demeaning. The posters on this board have all gone through tremendous emotional turmoil before finally finding a place where they can express themselves without fear of being criticized or judged. And you take it upon yourself to take us to task for letting it all out! What hubris! What chutzpah! Yet, I can understand where you're coming from because I used to be you. An answer for everything until I was hit with the awful truth that the Watchtower Society has no answers. It is gasping for breath even as we have this discussion. Ah yes, life for the Society was much more simpler before the arrival of the Great Equalizer---the Internet.

Snowbird

• zeroday
    zeroday
    My favorite web site is http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/ where you can get a really good laugh—and it is quite informative.

No question about that. The WTS hates it when people actually look back at what they once wrote and dare to compare to what they now write.

The Society has changed their position over the course of the last century! Wow! Hey folks it’s more like Yawn!

Changed? I don't ever recall hearing the GB claim they have ever changed anything, just NEW LIGHT.

So you’ve got some questions. Good!

Now go to the elders and ask your questions and be told to Wait on Jehovah. What they didn't answer your questions? Better drop it or it's the back room for you.

The truth is, RF, everyone here, save me and you have left the organization to go where? Not an answer in the lot of them.

Really, apparently you haven't read many posts here. Many have gone to the REAL Jesus Christ. Many have gone to "Freedom of thought and expression". Where are you? "Lock step with the WTS or out on your can.

Im not going to tell you the organization is perfect.

That's not what the WTS says:

w853/15p.10WorkingWiththeOrganizerofAlltheUniverse ***

Early ViewsofOrganization

Years ago, however, the Bible Students had some difficulty in applying the word "organization." For instance, in the WatchTower issue of March 1883, it was stated:

"But, though it is impossible for the natural man to see our organization, because he cannot understand the things of the Spirit of God, we trust that you can see that the true Church is most effectually organized, and is in the best possible working order. . . . We have unbounded faith in our Captain; and this perfect organization, invisible to the world, marches on to certain and glorious victory."

***w7011/1p.650‘MakingDisciples’byLeapsandBoundsinBrazil***In view of all this, the magazine Realidade, in an eight-page report in its June issue, was moved to exclaim about the discipling organization of Jehovah’s witnesses: "A perfect organization . .

w531/1p.32NewYorkCity—1953ConventionSite***

. We New Yorkers are still amazed that such a large group of people could join in assembly with such perfect organization as was shown during your 1950 meeting."

Oh, and wait, there’s more! You got bent outa shape by some of your “loving brothers and sisters” (quotes all mine) that have been ‘dis ing you and your mom and your girlfriend and they don’t pat you on the back all that much and the MS thing isn’t getting you enough kudos and the pioneering gig is turning into monkey dung and my head hurts. Oh, RF, if only...

And to think RF you really expected the Christian love to be amonst God's people. How dare you...

So there you have it. You wanna leave? Jumping from the frying pan into the fire?

Or you could just stay and ride the ever changing course of the WTS and follow lockstep or the back room for you. You don't understand "NEW LIGHT" you are showing a rebelious spirit and don't recognize the "Meat in due season" from the FDS.

Serve this guy, Jesus, RF, not the slave, not the society, not your self and not this bunch.

About the only thing you said that has made any sense...

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi R.F.,

I'll say hi in small print. So nice to hear a young person doing some serious thinking. I would say, keep thinking, keep researching, and one of these days, have a heart to heart talk with your fiancee. It would be really sad for both of you if you got married before finding out if you are both thinking along the same lines. The advice to get an education is very good, learn something useful and have a career. Even if you decide to stay a JW, that will be helpful for you. As for the constant judging and criticism and back stabbing and gossip that goes on in the org., don't let it get you down. Until you really think this through, don't take any serious steps that can't be undone. Please accept my best wishes for you and your fiancee - I really hope you get out of that horrible org., and have a long loving marriage.

• nowisee
    nowisee

a rose is a rose is a rose. the truth is the truth is the truth. what is not the truth is not the truth is not the truth. my heart goes out to you. keep on knoocking. best wishes, nowisee

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Barbie....you asked if my girls have made headway in not being controlled by a male dominated religion......Well they are all college educated young woman. Not saying that gender equality is perfect, but let me tell you it is much better in the "world" then in your JW world. I think you misunderstood my point that JW's do not follow the EXAMPLE of Christ, I said nothing of worshiping Christ. You might really read the replys instead of assuming what it says.

We do understand where you are coming from..all of us were there in the beginning. Not sure if you have left the JW world, but the JW world has not left you.

Leslie

• Monkeyironfoot
    Monkeyironfoot

Monkeyironfoot seems to take the whole “question” of the truth to be based on some word games and moon phases, which it is not.

Barbiecon, It has been proven biblically and archeologicly that Jerusalem was not destroyed in the year 607 b.c.e. That being the case, the JW's chronology is WRONG! Jesus did not select the JW's as God's orginazation in 1918 or 1919 or any other year for that matter. When did God ever say that the watchtower bible and tract society and the religion affiliated with it was his organization? If god ever said such a thing, it would have been world news I'm sure! Just because a group of men in Brooklyn decided to call it God's organization does not make it so. Also, what about the "Millions now living will NEVER die?" That was new light, right? Here's some more new light for you! They died, and no, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were not resurrected in the year 1925 as prophesied by the JW's. That prophecy did not come true which makes the Watchtower Organization a false prophet. If the Watchtower Society was under the law covenant, there leaders would have been taken outside the city and stoned to death.

*** w72 4/1 p. 197 ‘They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them’ ***

"So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come?...These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? ...This “prophet” was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah’s Christian witnesses."

The last time I checked, the Bible did not teach that membership of a man-made religious denomination was a requirement for salvation. However, acceptance of Christ was! If one has done that, they are a member of the body of Christ plain and simple with no need for any publishers card.

I have nothing to fear from false prophets!

• zeroday
    zeroday
    The last time I checked, the Bible did not teach that membership of a man-made religious denomination was a requirement for salvation.

You must be wrong Monkeyironfoot. Surely Barbiecon could not be wrong he has been baptized from the 60's. Surely he KNOWS for a FACT you must be a member of a man-made organization to be saved. Isn't that right Barbiecon.... Doesn't the Watchtower say that only the faithful (to the WTS) will survive the big A. Help us Barbiecon we have been led astray. We have not been partaking of the "Meat in due season" from the FDS...

Oh I'm so sorry Barbiecon, the Society has CHANGED over the decades, might I say century and I have not kept up. Please bring me up to date...

• restrangled
    restrangled
    I have come to realize that I won't loose God's favor because of wanting to be absolutely sure that i'm worshipping Him in the way that He wants me to.

That would make a great mission statement for any religion. Come to think of it that may be the UU's.

Big Font Barbie....There is absolutely no sustitute for common sense.....or lack there of. I'm sure that you are very talented at something....having gotten your Theology degree from the Watchtower University, I can see that you want to make use of the thousands upon thousands upon thousands of seconds, minutes, hours, days, years, and decades that you have put in for the WTS.

The problem with a degree from Watchtower U is that they keep changing the program.

Think about it.

The bible was written 2000 years ago. It hasn't changed. If the WTS is God's channel put here specifically at this time and place to be a testament to him (as they say)....then there is absolutely no explanation as to why anything flowwing out of the mouths of his supposed earthly channel would be contradictory....

Forget the new light nonsense which was a concept put forth by the JW predecessors the Millerites.....forget the men are imperfect apologies....

Just use your good old common sense.

What kind of delusional fluffernutters would even CLAIM to be God's channel ????

r's hubby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit