ALERT: All Child Abuse Lawsuits have been settled. Millions cashed out???

by What-A-Coincidence 229 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• abbagail
    abbagail

OK, I got it right this time!

This is re: Wednesday's link re: the Gag Order article. Here was my reply from earlier this morning which I inadvertently posted in another thread about the WT settlements... so I went and got it and erased it from over there and am putting it here where it belongs...

--------------------------------------------------------

When we were all contemplating these issues the other day, I already had a feeling the "after effects" would be exactly as that lady describes, just sick sick sick, yet there's nothing you can do about it AFTER the fact. One of THE MOST painful ramifications of abuse is THE SILENCE endured all the years since you were a kid, and then to have somebody tell you that you have to be silent STILL, and forever into the future? NADDA! Whew! I'm glad I read her story -- I'll never forget it!

Why do the pervs get to remain hidden?

Who made up these stupid ideas of gag orders and silent-agreements?

(MEN... and ABUSERS, probably!)

Well, they certainly gave it an appropriate title: GAG order... 'cuz it sounds like it will GAG YOUR SOUL Forever More...

The way they kept telling her, "But this is the way it is done. This is standard procedure," etc.etc. That irked me. NOTHING is standard for abuse survivors, MOST ESPECIALLY being told to be SILENT about the situation. If I still had E. Sue Bloom's fantastic book, Incest and Its After-effects in Women, she talks alot about this near the end of her book, about DO NOT LET ANYBODY EVER TELL YOU TO NOT TALK ABOUT IT!

And that was SO timely in my own case... as soon as I finished that book (and it took five months to read it because it was so painful -- this was back in early 1992) -- and I was putting all the pieces together re: my own experience, and about the same time my parents learned of the perv uncle in the family and that all the other kids had been abused as well, and they called and said, "DON'T BE TALKING ABOUT IT DOWN THERE" (where I live). And I can't even tell you how incensed that made me, but I had E. Sue Bloom on my side and her words echoed in my head and heart, "NO WAY WILL I BE QUIET! I've been quiet my ENTIRE LIFE but NO MORE! And HOW DARE YOU EVEN SUGGEST SUCH A THING?"

Anyhooo, I could really relate to the FEELINGS that lady relayed in her story.

Every abuse survivor in a lawsuit should take a peek at that article WELL IN ADVANCE, with plenty of time to mull it over.

/ag

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hey dedpoet...

So that was you who posted it, heehee. Good job.

Did you see the EVER SO SNOTTY reply you got from a self-righteous JW? It is a somewhat long post, and he says you posted it to make it look like a question but really it was a set-up as an excuse to be able to bash the JWs, etc. etc.

Which we know, of course, is not true. It was posted in the spirit of "Advertise Advertise Advertise the kingdom Korruption." ;-)

----------------------

BTW, I wanted to post more than one "answer" there but it wouldn't let me (as far as I can tell). Also the tail end of the link to a silentlambs article I put there did not show up, so the link might not work, but I can't figure out how to get in there to fix the link.

But the good news is, that was my FIRST time posting an "answer" to a "yahoo question," and somebody already crowed me "best answer" and yahoo already sent me this "congratulatory" email...

----------
    Date: 10 May 2007 05:04:15 -0700
    [my name/addy I removed]
    Subject: Yahoo! Answers: Your answer has been chosen as the best answer

Take me to Yahoo! Answers. I want to answer more questions! http://answers.yahoo.com/

Hey, L2 look what you got!

Congratulations, you've got a best answer and 10 extra points!

Your answer to the following question really hit the spot and has been chosen as the best answer:

Is the report that the Jehovahs Witnesses settled 14 child abuse cases out of court recently true? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=20070509140348AAo0Dmt

Go ahead, do your victory dance. Celebrate a little. Brag a little. Then come back and answer a few more questions!

Thanks for sharing what you know and making someone's day.

The Yahoo! Answers Team
    Copyright © 2007 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Terms of Service http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

====================================

So, I "made someone's day"! Well, that's mighty fine indeed!

But what are the "10 points" all about?

I never played this game before...

BTW and FWIW, it was another exJW who bestowed on me the "best answer" blessing, lol. Great minds think alike. He posted a comment there also.

/ag

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hey Abbagail,

So it was you who put that answer up! Thankyou - I selected it as best answer!
    That means it's the first answer anyone sees, and that jw's answer, if you can
    call it that, is further down.

Did you see the EVER SO SNOTTY reply you got from a self-righteous JW? It is a somewhat long post, and he says you posted it to make it look like a question but really it was a set-up as an excuse to be able to bash the JWs, etc. etc.

He was right actually. I already knew the answer, that's why I put in additional details
    about being able to contact Napa Valley Courthouse for details, and suggested that
    settling out of court is tantamount to an admission of guilt by the watchtower, knowing
    how much boasting they've done in the past about winning court victories.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Has this hit the AP yet?

I have already called 4 newspapers, 2 in Tennessee and 2 in Kentucky.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

***Has this hit the AP yet?***

JG, I e-mailed the press release to [email protected] this morning.

~Sue

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks Sue, and Danny too!!

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

...also, the Star-Ledger, Daily Record, Bergen Record / Herald News and Times of Trenton here in NJ.

~Sue

• Mulan
    Mulan

back online

• sf
    sf
    would add that they may be wary about subjecting the congregations to the spectacle of a public

fight about sexually abused kids in the organization. For those of you that hope for an eventual

Watchtower catastrophe, I have observed only one way that a congregation can rapidly fall apart

and that involves open fights and scandal among elders. Since Witnesses worship the "organization",

if the leadership ended up in a long, draining fight that exposed their corruption, you could

see entire congregations fall apart. Maybe they realize that...

And I would offer a way to add momentum to said "spectacle":

Print these press releases up and distribute them in the neighborhoods of each kh you live near.

If just one person, in each town, would actually do this, do you realize the buzz it will generate throughout these areas? The residents will at leat be armed with info that is factual.

It is so easy to do. If you don't feel comfortable actually going door to door with the print outs, then simply just post them up an down the street. Do this WHILE THE MEETING IS IN FULL SWING.

Post them throughout your communities. Just one person is all it takes. Designate yourself!

Happy trails!

sKally

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Ok, let's get this on TV!!!!

We need an e-mail campaign.

Here's a start - the famous anti-pedophile, Bill O'Reilly, himself.

http://www.billoreilly.com/askbill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit