by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

A good day to all!

Thanks, Sad emo.

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Greetings all and happy 4th to those who celebrate it!

Well it's been busy here this morning - two sales reps to see and loads of customers. A young lad fainted - his mum had brought him out shopping with her even though he wasn't well and hadn't had any breakfast - a bit of a silly thing to do really. When he recovered I gave him a small carton of apple juice to keep him going.

My other cat (not sick kitty) was acting odd last night and this morning - I suspect there is a girlie cat in the locality at the moment - he wants to go out all the time and isn't eating much, oh how lovesick he gets!! Much to his annoyance, I made him stay indoors today just in case he isn't well in some other way!

Have a good and blessed day.

emo

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

It was a 3 day weekend here this week - Canada Day on July 1st. I went up north to visit a friend battling cancer. Saturday night the neighbours got together and purchased fireworks that we set off on the beach, and had a nice big bonfire. There was a bit of a scary moment, one of the fireworks fell over just as it went off and rolled right between two of the children sitting on the beach watching!!! Man, did they ever have front row seats!! After that everyone was moved way back!! Whenever I visit my friend, I always bring him apple pie, it's his favourite. Sadly this time he wasn't feeling well enough to eat it, but we had two really nice visits. He has some more test at the end of this week, and more doctors appointments coming up, I hope we get some good news.

Today it's raining!!! Yeah!!! The grass really needs it, and my rain barrels were running low on water as well. This should perk everything up again. It's one of those days where you don't feel like doing anything. I laid in bed this morning, listening to the rain and the robins, very soothing.

Have a good day everyone!

BB

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanx for your stories, BB and SE. Hope you both stay well!

The temp is in the mid-100s now. Off to work where it's even hotter - down in the valley. Today marks my going back into commercial janitorial, something I hoped never to do again. Oh well. I couldn't say no to my friend and the money.

Yes, I do do windows!

CoCo Constrained

• delilah
    delilah
    The temp is in the mid-100s now.

Oh boy....I awoke to some light rain...finally!!! It's been raining on and off all day, with thunderstorms looming...weeeeee...I love thunderstorms!!

I went to work thismorning, not before telling son #2 to put his new running shoes away, so the pup wouldn't make breakfast out of them. When I returned home at noon, there was one shoe, sitting upon the kitchen table....the foam had been chewed out of the heel ....I asked where the other shoe was. My son said, "uh, it was here". I told him to go look for it...when he brought it back, there was nothing left of it...the shoelace was gone, eaten, I'm sure!!! The tongue of the shoe was almost gone as well. $120.00 pair of shoes.................gone, chewed to smithereens.

Then, the pup proceeded to poop in the dining room......I was not a happy camper!!!!! Anyone looking for a boxer????

Tomorrow's another day...a better one I'm sure.

• anewme
    anewme

Im looking forward to a better day.

For two months now my husband and I are living out of boxes staying in a neighbors upstairs bedroom while the cottage we were renting is made into a shed by the county inspector.
    The property we rented is up for sale. The owners told us we could stay with the cottage while the main house is sold, but an inspector found the cottage to be without many permits and ordered it dismembered-----the toilet removed, the stove removed, the bathroom and kitchen sink removed and cement poured down the drains and the septic sucked out and caved in.

Why dont we just move? Long story about rescuing three kittens last summer from two rattle snakes (the snakes killed three other kittens) and acquiring a rooster and hens (you know enjoying the country life)
    I thought we were going to live here for years and years!! Here we are out in the country AND NO ONE WILL RENT TO RENTERS WITH PETS!!!!! Ive checked newspapers, craigslist, yahoo, nada.

I do understand of course. Hardwood floors get scratched. I just wasnt prepared for this shock.
    A neighbor kindly let us rent a room in her house so we go back and forth daily to care for our animals at our "shed". The electricity is still on. (Im actually typing from the shed right now.)

On top of it all my husband lost his job. The boss was doing bad things, lying and cheating to his wife and customers so my husband in good conscience decided to quit him. With no job it is hard to apply for a new rental. So yesterday I faxed one of the few jobs offered in town-----Doggy Wash & Day Care-----wonderful. I had to write this whole paper on how excited I am to bathe dogs. Oh how I just love dogs! In fact, I have always wanted to be a dog! No I didnt say that! But I did my best to be enthusiastic. One of us has to get employment!

The lady who rents us the room could not be more kind! Thank God! And there is our blessing in all this trouble. She has even thought to hire us both in some landscaping business she is dreaming up. She even gave me $100 for my birthday a couple of days ago! Can you believe that? God bless her! Well, everyday I look at all my stuff....in boxes, some of it I dont even know what to do with. How do you box a huge multi-tiered ceramic cabbage leaf serving dish? This monstrosity was from my former JW days when I served to the multitudes at luncheons for the public speaker. I should toss it. My new husband wants me to. When will I ever have 25 over for lunch again? I expect never.

It pains me to have to discard all my stuff....after so much loss already. But times for us are very uncertain. I need to be realistic. Everything could turn out to have a very happy ending! But right now I do not know where I will be for Christmas. I am trying to hold on to our Christmas stuff and our dishes and clothing but I am near to being homeless and frankly it feels very burdensome and embarrassing to have so much stuff) Amazingly the former landlords have told us we could continue to store our furniture and belongings in the cottage, now "shed", for free until the house is sold or we find another place to live. I keep thinking of that old JW scripture "pressed on all sides but not without a way out" (or something) Well, that certainly is us right now.
    It is 100 degrees in this shed but I am on JWD! And I have my little doggies and kitties with me! And I have a fan going! And my roostie is crowing outside! And I have a bed to sleep on with a handsome husband waiting for me this evening, albeit down the road at the neighbors.

And do you think I could lose a little weight in all this stress and heat and travel back and forth? NO!!!! I am actually GAINING AS WE SPEAK!!!!!! (Must be this huge bag of chips here by the computer, hehe)

Well I just wanted to share what I am going through. Like I said we are alive and that is the main thing.

Happy Fourth of July JWDers! LET FREEDOM RING!!!!

FREEDOM IS WORTH EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you both, Delilah and Anewme, for your stories. Sad losses for you. I'm so sorry!

Wishing a good day to all, or at the very least, a day better than yesterday.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

A new and good day to all,

I feel recovered, at 3:00 a.m., after a restful day indoors yesterday and 5 hours straight sleep last night. The day before I went to bed at 5:00 a.m., after working out of town all night. Also it's been 105 degrees or so for several days, which is a very good reason - or excuse - for staying indoors.

Stay cool - share your day with us, please!

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi all

Nowt much happening here today - apart from the rain!!

Lovesick kitty has gone all soft on sick kitty - last night he walked up to her and gave her head and face a thorough washing for around 10 minutes, sick kitty was bewildered as usually he only torments her! It was a lovely thing to see - made me all teary-eyed and smiley!

Restful sleep is so good CoCo - to be savoured when you get it! I woke up feeling melancholy today because I dreamed about my mum, I always seem to dream that she's suffering in some way and I can't say or do anything to help :-( I guess I've just been trying to drown the melancholy out all morning by watching YouTube vids, but now, I'm becoming still again.

Have a good day and great weekend everyone.

Melancholic emo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Emo et al who've lost parents, whether in death or because of family/religious rifts,

I feel the same sadness; I miss my parents. They were less than perfect, but they loved me unconditionally. Maybe a thread on this subject?

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit