It amazes me, that no violent acts have been perpertrated against the JW's

by JH 42 Replies latest jw friends

• DJK
    DJK

It's truly amazing that in all theses decades with 37,000 Dfed every year and all the intrusive cold calling (trespassing) that they do no one has gone ballistic on them big time.

Look at my avatar,if there is anyone out there with the expertise to pull something off it would be me.The catch is,guys like me know that the 'pen (keyboard) is mightier than the sword' The last thing I would want to do is make martyrs out of any of them.

The pen is mighty and equal to that is being level headed, knowing the difference between right and wrong and the control that we have over the anger we may have inside to compel us to commit such senseless acts. Because we have all of this, we should pat ourselves on the back more frequently. Amazing? Yes! What I find more amazing is this, no one has come out and said "This will happen to the JWs". The laws of probability tell me that someone will some day lose that control. There will be new terms associated with it unlike gone ballistic or going postal. A sad event if/when it does happen.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Are you also amazed that there has hardly been any violent crimes agaist JW's...?

What, child molestation, domestic abuse & child abuse within the Borg does not count?

• JH
    JH

Are you also amazed that there has hardly been any violent crimes agaist JW's...?

What, child molestation, domestic abuse & child abuse within the Borg does not count?

What I'm saying is that I'm surprised how nice people are towards JW's in general, even though they break up families, break people's lives, destroy your reputation if you don't follow their way of living, and so on. What JW's do to other JW's is another story.

• tapout1
    tapout1

I get the feeling somebody wants to see someone else get hurt. I was a JW in Mexico. People let dogs out on us, threw hot water at us, cold water, ran after us with sticks, etc. Fortunately I am out. Others will be too. I am sure those of you who were JW's wouldn't have liked to get hurt by others then. If that had happened you'd still be in and dubs would be saying: see I told you so, the "world" is this and that or the other... Besides, if you got anger in you, strap some gloves on, get into a ring or a cage and go at it. Don't be a f**ing p***sy and suggest that cowardly acts would solve a damn thing.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

What I'm saying is that I'm surprised how nice people are towards JW's in general, even though they break up families, break people's lives, destroy your reputation if you don't follow their way of living, and so on. What JW's do to other JW's is another story.

I understand the point you are making, JH. I just wanted to make sure that we don't forget about the acts of violence within the Dubs.

I have heard the stories of what happened to the Dubs during WW2. Most of them I attribute as Dub legends, but there are a select few that I am personally aware of, and believe.

I think that the reason there has not been any acts against the Dubs, is that most people pity the Dubs. Personally, I am nice to Dubs that come to my door or that I meet on the street. They are lost and misguided souls that have no idea what they are heading for. I find no reason to be rude or cruel to the Dubs. Unless they are rude to me, then I will give them both barrels, figuratively, of course.

• free2think
    free2think
    To expound upon that thought MsMcDucket, Jehovah's Witnesses kill themselves a little each day by postponing their lives till some abstract, never-to-be-realized future existence.

I agree with you completely here Nvr. I feel like i'm just starting to live now. As a dub you spend your life waiting for the end, only it turns out to not be the end we thought it was gonna be, only by then it's too late to do anything about it.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

When I came into the religion I was told about the violence the JWs met with around the country and how some were tarred and feathered, etc.

Now, many years later, my opinion is that they brought some of this hostility upon themselves by being so offensive to everybody and spouting off against other religions and coming across as unpatriotic - when other people were going off to war to protect THEIR rights to free speech!

LHG

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Now, many years later, my opinion is that they brought some of this hostility upon themselves by being so offensive to everybody and spouting off against other religions and coming across as unpatriotic - when other people were going off to war to protect THEIR rights to free speech!

True, true!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Oh but honestly, they love a little drama. Anybody that angry with them would know them well enough to realise that their persecution complex would kick in and it would achieve the exact opposite of what it's supposed to. That sort of thing unites a group against a foe. I don't think I can even be rude to them at the door.

• moshe
    moshe

This just proves that wordly people and apostates are not deserving of the death sentence that JW's have put on them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit