It amazes me, that no violent acts have been perpertrated against the JW's

by JH 42 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Religion in general stirs up strong feelings in people. I don't see the JWs as any worse - or better - than any other religion in that regard and so wouldn't be amazed by the fact that relatively few violent acts have been perpetuated against them.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Jehovah's Witnesses kill themselves. Violently by taking the lives of themselves or family members, or by not accepting blood.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Jehovah's Witnesses kill themselves. Violently by taking the lives of themselves or family members, or by not accepting blood.

To expound upon that thought MsMcDucket, Jehovah's Witnesses kill themselves a little each day by postponing their lives till some abstract, never-to-be-realized future existence.

Nvr

• TopHat
    TopHat

I remember reading in the Watchtower or Awake how the City of Alexandria, Louisiana closed all the Kingdom Halls in that city in the 40s or 50s. Can someone post that for me, I don't have any of the Watchtower or Awake CDs......I lived in that city from 7 years of age untill I was married. Thanks in advance and a bottle of good wine sent to you by me.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I recall the elder whom I conducted my Bible study telling how he awoke one morning to find a letter on the foot of his bed placed there whilst him and his wife were sleeping!

It was later found to have been placed there by an individual who had been in and out of The Truth?' over the years whom I'd spoken to on occasion. And in retrospect it seemed to fit some of the odd questions I'd been asked over the preceeding weeks - as if I'd been a viable suspect - seeing as how new I was to their community! Just one of the many things that undermined my confidence in the people I was commiting my everything to!

I can see with the long term hurt and debilitated spirituality how that guy must've been feeling and how he may have decided to freak them out in some odd way saying as how they'd done that to his life and didn't recognise it! Funny when I look back how I didn't take the numerous warning signs to shift all the blame of my own shoulders. I must've been really under their mind control program! It's the giving you no forum to air your feelings to any of them that keeps you under the kosh!

Sad memories for reasons too numerous to mention!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Does this include the people of Rwanda and Mexico?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..I stand Corrected from my initial post..Who would have thought so much violence would happen at a Kingdom Hall..I wonder why the WBT$ dosen`t let other congragations know about this?..LOL!!..I love this board!...OUTLAW

• Gayle
    Gayle

Was that Dennis Freeman in that article that had been at Bethel in early 70's,,can anyone check? He looks like him in the picture?

• Gregor
    Gregor

I vaguely recall a bomb going off under the platform during a meeting. Blew the speaker through the roof. Australia?

• badboy
    badboy

R.CRUSOE, TELL US MORE!

TELL US MORE!

WHAT WAS THIS LETTER ON THE ELDER'S BED ALL ABOUT?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit