It amazes me, that no violent acts have been perpertrated against the JW's

by JH 42 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

When I listen to the news about the school shootings in Virginia, and the previous school shootings elsewhere, it amazes me that nothing similar has ever happened in a kingdom hall.

I'm totally against violence but I know that it just takes a nut, to do something like this, and there are plenty of nuts and angry people running around...

So many lives have been broken because of the Watchtower, and so many JW's and XJW's are unhappy because of this sect.

Are you also amazed that there has hardly been any violent crimes agaist JW's or the Watchtower?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

What of the bombs set off in Kingdom Halls over the years? Not a frequent happening, but it's happened. And what of the arson of yet other Kingdom Halls? And wasn't there at least one case of an unbelieving mate entering a Kingdom Hall while meeting was in session and killing at least some?

Nvr

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I think most people realise Jehovah`s Witness`s are not the problem..The Corrupt organization that runs the Jehovah`s Witness`s is the problem..If you want something changed within the JW`s you must go after the WBT$..Only the WBT$ can make any changes..Like cattle,the Jehovah`s Witness`s will go where ever they are led...OUTLAW

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Recently in Columbia MO, someone was shot and killed coming out of a KH. As far as I know the killer has never been found. Was the motive directed to that one person or to any JW in particular?

About 7 years ago there was a site ......that had pics of people coming out of KH, going to their cars, walking down the street. In the UK. I dont know who put this site up but they knew almost everyones names and some personal things about them. They posted that they would be back to take more pics of the ones they still needed. It seems whoever it was had collected the pics over a period of time. It was eerie.

The person posted they would get those witnesses some day.

If I remember right.....it was reported to the authorities and eventually the site went down.

purps

• blondie
    blondie

I also know that bombs were set at the Bethel in Israel and that JWs going into the Hasidic communities in NYC were beaten.

*** g92 1/8 p. 9 We Survived a Murderer’s Bomb ***SUNDAY morning, July 21, 1985, promised a crisp, midwinter’s day as Jehovah’s Witnesses and friends began filling the Casula Kingdom Hall in a western suburb of Sydney, Australia. At 9:35 a.m., David Winder, the visiting speaker, began his discourse on Christian loyalty. Just a little after ten o’clock, we were looking down, following along in our Bibles as he was reading aloud John 6:68.

He never finished the reading. An enormous blast from under the platform left him writhing on the ground, close to death. A friend of ours, Graham Wykes, a husband and a father, died instantly. Many others were hurt, some critically. Such unprovoked brutality in a place of worship shocked even a hardened world. As the news broke, Australians were glued in disbelief to their TVs and radios.

*** yb95 p. 92 Cyprus ***The struggle against British rule in Cyprus continued until 1960. Then at midnight on August 16, Cyprus became a republic and eventually a member of the United Nations. Amid scenes of great rejoicing, Greek Cypriots at last felt free from foreign domination. But was this true freedom? How did Jehovah’s Witnesses fare under the new republic? Let the historical facts speak for themselves.

Before the end of the year, there were two bomb attacks against the Witnesses. Who was responsible? The first took place in Xylophagou. Two bombs were placed on the veranda of the Kingdom Hall. The attack was obviously against Jehovah’s Witnesses as a religious group. Since the bombs exploded after midnight, no one was injured, although damage was done to the Kingdom Hall.

*** w99 11/15 p. 29 What Can Be Done About Discouragement? ***Some years ago (1985), in Paris, France, a young Witness did not hesitate to grab hold of a suitcase containing a bomb that had been put outside the Kingdom Hall. He ran down several flights of stairs before throwing it into a fountain, where it exploded.

*** w88 3/15 p. 17 par. 8 Serving as Jehovah’s Trusting Fellow Workers ***Thus, a few years ago an elder committed adultery with a spiritual sister who had an unbelieving husband. On the evening that the disfellowshipping of the former elder was announced, the infuriated husband strode into the Kingdom Hall with a shotgun and fired shots at the two guilty individuals. Neither of them was killed, but the next day this was front-page news in the largest newspaper in the United States!

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

There were 2 KHs in Georgia damaged by fires set inside by a young relative of JWs about a year ago. He was on meth and apparently angry with either JW family or WTS in general. Police investigator told me the elders were not very cooperative even though they suspected who started both fires.

But then it's not like they have an insurance claim since the Society will likely just have them pay for the repairs.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Weren't there a couple of serious bomb threats at a couple of the summer conventions in the last few years. I think one was here in Canada which I thnk was reported by the media where they had to evacuate the premises

• ninja
    ninja

stop giving me ideas....he he

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    Recently in Columbia MO, someone was shot and killed coming out of a KH.

She was injured, not killed. But you are right, they never found out who did this!!

(and it wasn't me!!)

• JH
    JH
    (and it wasn't me!!)

Where were you on the night of March 22nd Miss Crazyblondeb?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit