Love And Marriage Was The Watchtower’s Way An Advantage?

by The wanderer 44 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

The Watchtower's way is detrimental to personal growth - ask anyone who got married in the year just prior to 1975. I'm sure most of us know young people that rushed to the altar so they could marry and have sex before Armaggedon hit - I know of many. Boys and girls that had never dated anyone before, never held hands or even kissed - raced to get married on a deadline.

The Watchtower teaches nothing special about fidelity and relationships that most people don't already seek out for themselves. A set of values does not have to rest with a religion.

As for love? The Watchtower breaks the bond between spouses, families and children before they are even conceived. Their mandate is love only for them and at the expense of the personal lives ot their membership. Love the Watchtower before all others - and those that follow - they do. Being on the outside looking in forces you to examine your own life doesn't it? Forces you to look at others in the world and acknowledge the LIES the Watchtower told us - that somehow we had the advantage because we were a superior group with special insight - that our way was the only way and everyone else was immoral - drug induced, booze fed, cigarette smoking, cursing, non stop fornicators - in other words they were sick, demonized individuals.

The Watchtower society has no advantage for you cannot love deeply and honestly, fully and with searing passion and truth, if your first loyalty and committment is for someone or something other than your loved ones. Marriages break up all the time because one person is a workaholic - dedicated to his/her job first. Marriages break up because of alcohol and drug addiction because an addict will always put his needs first. The Watchtower is no different but just like in some marriages, people stay for their own reasons often sacrificing part of themselves to do so. The saddest part is - that the Watchtower should not be tangible. It is only a word - only a religion. Yet it is treated as a death sentence when you try to leave it. That has no advantage in anyone's life. sammieswife.

• tapout1
    tapout1

Their views on marriage and sex go hand in hand. My marriage got ruined because my ex-wife believed there was only one way to have sex (boring) and believed (thanks to WTS teachings) that other ways were "unnatural". WTF!!! I love sex. Screw their narrow minded vision of how things should be. I'm a horny MOFO, I like to go out and party like an animal. I love women. Down with the WTS. Hail the GODS of SEX and partying. AS far as marriage... no. Not again...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Chaparones and abstinence before marriage are not new ideas invented by WTS.
    I think that being chaste before marriage is special for women. I hate to mention
    the double-standard, but it's a negative for men. I think the idea helps teens, but
    is not necessary for young adults, capable of deciding what they want. If you think
    you should abstain before marriage, many others agree with you, good for you.

WTS totally ruins the physical growth of a marital arrangement. The Bible doesn't
    tell couples how to have sex. Faithfulness is part of their teachings, which is wonderful,
    but not really their idea- that's actually in the Bible.

I sorta agree with you Wanderer, but I don't think that there's anything wrong with
    adults who disagree with abstinence.

Chaperones- I would say just for teens. Teenagers can't be trusted.

• Open mind
    Open mind
    Teenagers can't be trusted.

You're sounding like my Dad there, OTWO.

Oh, come to think of it, now that I am one, ...........................................that sounds like ME!!!

Doh!!!

Open Mind

• RAF
    RAF

Jellcat8224

just silly, not to mention irresponsible!

to resume in my opinion in a few words to qualify the whole WTBS Matter !

When rules takes over love ... and that's biblical statement too (since loving God is equivalent to loving your brothers) ... you have exactly the reverse than what Christ want lead us.

It's not the right rules which lead to love it's love which lead to the right rules in the right time ... it's not a detail ...

Love have a lot to do with respect (like : allowing the other one to be free or not ready = not ready to get married or of course not wanting the cake and eat it and so on).

Also it's not God which lead to love someone, it's just our heart from pure love nor needs and if only about the later the WTBS policies becomes even more develish (because it's disturbing their followers understanding on and from their real needs)

sammielee24

The Watchtower's way is detrimental to personal growth

Yep in so many aspects (including no education but there one) / and matters ...

Love the Watchtower before all others

That's what they ask indirectly (in God's name by policies) and Oh that's idolatry !!!

So no the WTBS is playing game on other peoples lives with there silly and irresponsible advices which they won't take responsability for (the follower will be the one who didn't understand of course ... but somehow it's true).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit