I have a talk!

by Zico 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Zico
    Zico
    Is your nose cold and wet? Good for a dog but not so good for a human!

Unless that human happens to have a talk coming up?

• abbagail
    abbagail

Zico said: Perhaps I should go for: Would a god of love murder 99.89% of the total population for disagreeing with us?

----------
    Not that I think you'd feel comfortable with saying any of this, but you never know where you might get an urge to slip in a wee bit of truth:

1. Revelation says only ONE-FOURTH and then ONE-THIRD of the population will die during the Tribulation. 1/4 (25%) and 1/3 (33%) is 58%, which is approx. HALF of the WT's famous 99.98%. If you lay on them a few scriptures about that, it should wake some people up who are sleeping during the TMSchool, lol 8-)

One-fourth of all people will be quickly destroyed at the start . . .
    "When He opened the fourth seal,
    I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying,
    ‘Come and see.’
    And I looked, and behold, a pale horse.
    And the name of him who sat on it was Death,
    and Hades followed with him.
    And power was given to them over a fourth of the Earth,
    to kill with sword, with hunger, with death,
    and by the beasts of the Earth." (Rev 6:7-8)

Then, another one-third of the remaining population on Earth will be quickly destroyed . . .
    "Then the sixth angel sounded: And I heard a voice
    from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God,
    saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet,
    "Release the four angels who are bound
    at the great river Euphrates."
    So the four angels, who had been prepared
    for the hour and day and month and year,
    were released to kill a third of mankind."
    (Rev 9:13-15)

2. Also, TWO-THIRDS of ISRAEL will die, as God has only promised that He will save a ONE-THIRD "remnant" of Israel through the Tribulation a/k/a the "time of Jacob's Trouble" (Jeremiah 30:7):

Isaiah 10:22: "Though the number of the sons of Israel be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant of them will be saved..."

Zechariah 13:8–9: "And it shall come to pass in all the land," Says the LORD, "[That] two-thirds in it shall be cut off [and] die, But [one-] third shall be left in it: I will bring the [one-third] through the fire, Will refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them. I will say, 'This [is] My people'; And each one will say, 'The LORD [is] my God.' "

During the great tribulation a remnant out of all Israel will turn to Jesus as Messiah, the "sealed" Israelites of Revelation 7:3-8. It is inferred by many students of Scripture that the great multitude of Gentiles of Revelation 7:9 will be saved by the witness of the 144,000 of vv. 3-8. Some of these will undergo martyrdom (Revelation 6:9-11), some will be spared to enter the millennial kingdom (Zechariah 12:6-13:9). Many of the Psalm express, prophetically, the joys and sorrows of the tribulation remnant.
    -----

"Lest you be wise in your own conceits, I want you to UNDERSTAND THIS MYSTERY, brethren: a hardening has come upon part of ISRAEL, UNTIL ("UNTIL" is a KEY WORD there) the full number of the Gentiles come in, and so [then] all Israel will be saved; as it is written, 'The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness FROM JACOB'; 'and this will be my covenant with them when I take away their sins.' As regards the gospel they are [presently] enemies of God, for your sake; but as regards election they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers. For the gifts and the call of God are irrevocable. Just as you were once disobedient to God but now have received mercy because of their disobedience, so they have now [for the time being] been disobedient in order that by the mercy shown to you they also may receive mercy. For God has consigned all men to disobedience, that he may have mercy upon all." (Romans 11:1-33)

http://focusonjerusalem.com/preserved%20remnant.html

BTW, JWs don't know it (very sadly for them), but Christians (and any Jews) who are believers in Jesus will already be in heaven before all the really bad stuff starts happening during the Tribulation.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Also, FWIW, a lot of the descriptions of what occurs in Revelation will be the result of man's own destructive activities when all "H" breaks loose, chemical and biological warfare (remember the scripture about their eyes rotting in their sockets and their tongues in their mouths?), and nuclear wars all over the place, etc. In other words, it's NOT all GOD DOING IT...

One-third of trees are burned up. All green grass is burned up.
    "The first angel sounded:
    And hail and fire followed, mingled with blood,
    and they were thrown to the Earth.
    And a third of the trees were burned up,
    and all green grass was burned up."
    (Rev 8:7)

One-third of the sea will become blood. One-third of the creatures in the sea will die. One-third of the ships are destroyed.
    "Then the second angel sounded:
    And something like a great mountain burning with fire
    was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood.
    And a third of the living creatures in the sea died,
    and a third of the ships were destroyed."
    (Rev 8:8-9)

One-third of the waters become wormwood (or poisoned, or radioactive).
    "Then the third angel sounded:
    And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch,
    and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water;
    And the name of the star is Wormwood [bitter].
    a third of the waters became wormwood,
    and many men died from the water, because it was made bitter."
    (Rev 8:10-11)

One-third of the light from the sun/moon/stars will be blocked by smoke
    and ash covering the Earth . . . (nuclear winter - ??)
    "Then the fourth angel sounded:
    And a third of the sun was struck,
    a third of the moon, and a third of the stars,
    so that a third of them were darkened;
    And a third of the day did not shine,
    and likewise the night.
    And I looked, and I heard an angel
    flying through the midst of heaven,
    saying with a loud voice,
    "Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the Earth,
    because of the remaining blasts of the trumpet
    of the three angels who are about to sound!"
    (Rev 8:12-13)

Every living creature remaining in the sea will die . . .
    "Then the second angel poured out his bowl on the sea,
    and it became blood as of a dead man;
    and every living creature in the sea died."
    (Rev 16:3)

http://www.alphanewsdaily.com/Warning%2016%20The%20Coming%20Apocalypse.html
    --------------------------

The sad fact is the WT doesn't tell JWs that believers do NOT have to be around DURING and THROUGH the Trib. Their refuge is in heaven. Only UNbelievers need be stuck on earth during the Trib. The scripture the WT uses all the time to say that JWs will "enter into your interior rooms until the denunciation passes over" was a scripture written to ISRAEL. THEY are the ones who need to pay attention to that, not "CHRISTIAN" believers (whether Jew or Gentile).

Anyhoo, much success if you decide to even do the school assignment, lol. I don't envy the job.

/ag

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Zico,

You have a PM

AO

• free2think
    free2think

The cheek of your dad and the school overseer. Surely it it's up to you wjen you go back on the school, if ever. And shouldn't it come from you, not your dad, if you want to go back on. That happened to me once, I took myself off the school and about a year later the school overseer put me back on. I managed to get out of the talk though and he learnt his lessen.

• Zico
    Zico

'Surely it it's up to you wjen you go back on the school, if ever.'

You'd think so, wouldn't you f2t? At the very least they could have started me back with a simple reading.

• gymbob
    gymbob

Zico~

You just have to add something in your talk that is way out-dated.....maybe something about the generation that saw the events of 1914 will still be alive to see the big A, and a quote from a old WT to back it up would be a nice touch! PLEASE?!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Now if I could only find the maths I did on this it would be a lot more helpful, but basically it goes like this:

Every day, x people are born, and y people die, which means that the world population increases by z: from memory around 225 000 people. Every day, around 800 people get baptised as a JW. This means that for every day that Jehovah delays armageddon for the benefit of those 800 people, he has to kill another 224 200 infants at Armageddon.

You're probably smarter than me, so you might be able to come up with a way of pointing out how really not loving it is for Jehovah to keep the death toll rising.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit