I have a talk!

by Zico 36 Replies latest jw friends

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Zico, that was the talk that you mention.

It seems that you have caught my purple text disease. Could that be one of the plagues of Revelation?

It would be great to be able to give a two layered talk, hinting at changed WT teachings, or citing a now long out of date publication that is considered "old light".

But I doubt that would be possible as the subject matter probably wouldn't allow it. I'll dig around.

When is the talk ?

• Zico
    Zico
    It seems that you have caught my purple text disease. Could that be one of the plagues of Revelation?

Lol! I couldn't work out how to get rid of it.

I think I'll do mostly a WT approved item, so I don't make anything too obvious, but throw in a few random lines, to make it clear that Armageddon involves the destruction of 6 billion non-witnesses, but I'll seriously consider anything you might find!

The talk is next Tuesday.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Start the talk this way:

Ask the question very dramatically: Would a god of love murder 99.89% of the total population? Have a long long pause and then just walk off the stage.

• DJK
    DJK

Everytime you say the word destruction, try not to think about the ferret. You might break into a chuckle..LOL

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

*** w85 2/1 p. 5 Why Armageddon Must Be Fought ***
    An Expression of God’s Love
    Actually, it is because of God’s love that the battle of Armageddon must be fought. Jehovah God’s purpose for the earth is to restore it to its original Paradise state and to have mankind live on it in peace and perfection “with no one to make them tremble.” (Ezekiel 34:28; Micah 4:3, 4; Revelation 21:4) What, then, is to be done with those who, by their crime and violence, would mar the security of the restored Paradise? No system devised by man has yet successfully dealt with such a problem. The only way to ensure perfect peace is to eliminate even the threat of wickedness. Yes, God must destroy the incorrigibly wicked for the sake of those who want to do what is right. Out of love, he acts to clear the earth of those who would ruin it.—Revelation 11:18.
    But no one needs to die. “[God’s] will is that all sorts of men should be saved,” writes the apostle Paul. (1 Timothy 2:4) And Peter, also writing under inspiration, states: “He does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9) God has arranged for the “good news of the kingdom” to be proclaimed so that each individual will have opportunity to work out his own salvation. (Matthew 24:14; Philippians 2:12; Galatians 6:5) You can live forever in perfection on a paradise earth. The choice is yours. (Romans 2:5-9; Ezekiel 18:23, 32) Is this not what you would expect from a God of love?

So, it is our choice. That is pretty standard theology that most Christians wouldn’t argue with. (But I expect to be flamed anyway). After all, we can choose to walk God’s path or we can choose our own.

But, given the fact that it is our choice, you can cite examples of the choices that we make that God so clearly hates. Big choices (accepting God, you could even mention Jesus if it wouldn’t give the game away), and small ones :

Miniskirts (shows you’ve been either paying attention to the talks)
    Chess
    Coffee
    Etc etc (take your pick from here http://www.jwfiles.com/jw-cant.htm )

All of which are in contradiction to
    In everything we have won more than a victory because of Christ who loves us. I am sure that nothing can separate us from God's love--not life or death, not angels or spirits, not the present or the future, and not powers above or powers below. Nothing in all creation can separate us from God's love for us in Christ Jesus our Lord!
    [Romans 8:37-39 CEV]

Nothing that is, except the odd game of chess or missing a meeting or two.

Remember, I said it was weak.

You never know, it may even prompt someone to ask you to cite a WT reference for a more obscure one, which you will have readily to hand.

Failing that, you could insert the odd random word as a challenge from this post. My suggestion is “Cola Cubes”. But you have to come on and tell us the context that you used it in.

• Zico
    Zico
    Ask the question very dramatically: Would a god of love murder 99.89% of the total population? Have a long long pause and then just walk off the stage.

Perhaps I should go for: Would a god of love murder 99.89% of the total population for disagreeing with us?

DJK: I'll try not too!

AO: You have been great, as for Cola cubes, how I'd fit that in to the talk is beyond me!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I imagine you can already feel a cold coming on eh Z? Tummy cramps. Throat is a little scratchy?

• south african beef
    south african beef

I feel sorry for you having this sprung on you!

Your father obviously has your (his) interests at heart but you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

I would try and get out of it or make it slightly sarcstic without being obvious.

Good luck!

SAB

• Zico
    Zico

*cough cough*

Thanks SAB!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Come to think of it, your nose doesn’t look as shiny as it used to.

Let us know how it goes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit