I have a talk!

by Zico 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Zico
    Zico

About 7 months ago I asked the School overseer to take me off the school, as I was 'busy with work exams' Things have been good since then (Well, sort of...) No talks for 7 months!

But then, my wonderful Father, decides to ask the School overseer to put me back on! And what does he do? He puts me back on! With me completely oblivious to all this. And, since I've missed a few meetings of late, the school overseer gave the talk assignment slip to my Dad, which I didn't get till tonight, so I didn't even know till to 20 minutes ago!

I was annoyed, and then I saw the talk title:

'Armageddon - No violation of God's love'

I'm still laughing.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    'Armageddon - No violation of God's love'

I can already think of the possibilities!! This could be fun!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Your post is informative- I mean it doesn't sound like you are asking for guidance, just want
    us to laugh with you.

Still, have you considered blowing it off- telling the School overseer that you just can't do it?
    Otherwise, look for the most true stuff you can say with the material they give you and have fun.

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

Zico,

What chapters of the bible is it on? If any.

• DJK
    DJK

Bring the ferret.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"Some people might think destroying 99.9% of the world population is cruel on God's part.
    But consider that they are not obeying His commands. Some people think that destroying
    children is cruel, but their parents are responsible for their lives, not the God who ends them.
    Some people think that it is not fair to hold the Muslim or Hindu community responsible for
    not knowing Jehovah before Armageddon, but each person is able to examine their own
    religion and see that there are problems that would indicate that God's blessings are not
    upon it, and they are able to examine the truth for themselves by seeing what others have
    to say about the religion they are in. Everyone must do that."

Feel free to use any part of the above statement.

• Zico
    Zico
    I can already think of the possibilities!! This could be fun!!

Yep!

Your post is informative- I mean it doesn't sound like you are asking for guidance, just want
    us to laugh with you.

Still, have you considered blowing it off- telling the School overseer that you just can't do it?
    Otherwise, look for the most true stuff you can say with the material they give you and have fun.

Hi OTWO, Since my Dad was school overseer for a few years, I must have wrote about 20 last minute talks during my teenage years from people blowing him off with last minute calls, so even though it's been a while, I don't think I'll have much difficulty in writing it, (copying and pasting from the WT library) but I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any. I might blow it off, I haven't decided yet.

What chapters of the bible is it on? If any.

Jeremiah, the source material is the Reasoning book, page 48, par 1-3. It has 3 scriptures. 2 Pet 3.9, Luke 18:7, 8, and 2 Thess 1:6.

Bring the ferret.

DJK, I think you're the first person to ever notice that it's a ferret.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Maybe we could assist you ???

Here's what the Watchtower Library turns up on the subject

*** km 10/06 p. 4 Theocratic Ministry School Schedule for 2007 ***

No. 4: Armageddon—No Violation of God’s Love (rs p. 48 ¶1-3)

Sounds like you can lift heavily from the recent talk "How Can You Survive Jehovah's Day of Fury ?" !

rsp.47-p.49Armageddon***

What

willhappentoyoungchildrenatArmageddon?

The Bible does not directly answer that question, and we are not the judges. However, the Bible does show that God views the young children of true Christians as "holy." (1 Cor. 7:14) It also reveals that in times past when God destroyed the wicked he likewise destroyed their little ones. (Num. 16:27, 32; Ezek. 9:6) God does not want anyone to be destroyed, so he is having a warning sounded now to benefit both parents and children. Would it not be wise for parents to pursue a course that would result in their children being looked on with favor by God both now and at Armageddon?

Is

theloveofGodviolatedbydestructionofthewicked?

2 Pet. 3:9: "Jehovah . . . is patient with you because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance."

Luke 18:7, 8: "Shall not God cause justice to be done for his chosen ones who cry out to him day and night, even though he is long-suffering toward them? I tell you, He will cause justice to be done to them speedily."

2 Thess. 1:6: "It is righteous on God’s part to repay tribulation to those who make tribulation for you [his servants]."

Will you be wearing those pink ears when you give the talk ?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Are you going to do this and just scrape by, or are you going to "lay it on thick" for extra credit ?

• Zico
    Zico

Thanks OTWO!

Will you be wearing those pink ears when you give the talk ?

Hmmm... as much as I'd love to, I think I might have to settle with not shaving for a few days! Thanks for your info as well, that Jehovah's fury talk, I think that was the one where we were told people wearing mini-skirts will not survive Jehovah's day of fury. Why would a God of love let mini-skirts though Armageddon eh? (Thankfully never been a problem for me!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit