Why do the GB members live so long?

by yaddayadda 51 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Two possibilities.

1. The most widly acceptable. They never had to work or had any stress in their lifes so they didnt wear out early.

2. According to David Icke. They are superhuman shape shifting lizards. Part of the illuminati.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Yep! It's the Magick!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Because their lives are practically unlived. They have stuffed away their true selves, based on their own wants and desires. They are able to live most of their lives in a fantasy world. Their psychic developments are stunted and their bodies follow, to an extent.

S

• Quandry
    Quandry

Faith is proven by its works, after all. Living unhypocritical lives and knowing how to research well means that they learn(ed) by counsel more than most, and less by experiencing the results of poor choices. We are what we eat. If we eat healthy spiritually, then we'll act in harmony with the spirit. It all serves as an inspiration for the faithful. If life can have so many blessings even being imperfect, imagine the joy that can be ours if we can be blessed with perfection, as a result of our dedicated, whole-souled, grateful obedience to those who have the right to be authority figures in our lives.

Fred-

I have never written to you and never gotten involved in any of your discussions. But several of your comments beg some questions.

1. Faith is proven by its works- do you feel that you are proving your faith by the "work" of writing on this website?

2. Living unhypocritical lives.- do you sit silently in a Kingdom Hall during the meetings listening to talks about having interractions with apostates while no one knows that you are secretly coming to this website?

3. Whole-souled, grateful obedience- Would you characterize yourself as whole-souled and obedient to the mandate from the Governing Body that faithful witnesses must not get involved with websites such as this one?

I am not disfellowshipped (the only thing I have done is come to this website) but have had a hard time understanding some things lately. Do you feel that I am doing wrong by coming here? Could you please answer my above questions? Thank you.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

to Quandry:

Fred- I have never written to you and never gotten involved in any of your discussions. But several of your comments beg some questions.

1. Faith is proven by its works- do you feel that you are proving your faith by the "work" of writing on this website?

Yes. It is good practice for me thinking things through, and I get to see what responses I get. That helps me know if I'm satisfied with how I'm thinking things through, or not.

2. Living unhypocritical lives.- do you sit silently in a Kingdom Hall during the meetings listening to talks about having interactions with apostates while no one knows that you are secretly coming to this website?

Rejection of apostates is always encouraged. There are various ways to reject apostasy. How did Jesus do it?

3. Whole-souled, grateful obedience- Would you characterize yourself as whole-souled and obedient to the mandate from the Governing Body that faithful witnesses must not get involved with websites such as this one?

I am "not one of Jehovah's Witnesses", as was announced in December 2005. What is the intent of the "mandate" you refer to? To me, the Bible principle that's key in this regard is to avoid activity that weakens my faith in Jehovah and His direction through Jesus Christ and the FDS. I believe that I am actually strengthening my faith in Jehovah bye exercising my power of reason.

I am not disfellowshipped (the only thing I have done is come to this website) but have had a hard time understanding some things lately. Do you feel that I am doing wrong by coming here?

This would have made a good PM to me. I can deal with your specific aspects in greater detail that way.

Could you please answer my above questions? Thank you.

I believe I just did (for the general purposes of this forum). More specific, personal concerns will be glad dealt with by PM.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

- No kids

- Free nursing care on retirement

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

to Zico:

You'd think teaching deadly policies and having all those lawsuits would cause stress wouldn't you?

Christ did say that he came to put a sword upon the earth (Matthew 10:34). And 2 Timothy 2:3 says that as fine soldiers of Christ Jesus, they must take their part in suffering evil. One of the Kingdom Songs says that Jehovah will help his people to "bear all the stress".

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

to greendawn:

That sense of power must have been exhilirating and given them some extra life prolonging hormones. One thing they never experienced is persecution for their faith, they rather persecuted those critical of their ideas and style of administration.

Being given so much power has been a humbling experience for them, from what I've seen. How can you say that they've "never experienced persecution" for their faith? How would it get so strong, if it weren't for persecution? How can you say that the GB has persecuted anyone? They're about as physically non-violent as a soldier comes.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

I'd guess it's because there are unlimited funds to spend on their health-care (unlike for the R&F)

• blondie
    blondie

Probably why the popes live so long; they live in a protected group in a fairly secure place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit